All reviews health club next door excellent facilities executive room sandwiches breakfast was excellent lovely hotel hotel guests wedding reception barnsley chop wedding party sized room reception staff would stay again duty manager excellent value for money comfy bed
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

On the whole a good hotel to stay in. Staff friendly and accommodating. Food in the restaurant was good and fairly priced. Service in the restaurant was very swift and on the ball. Good breakfast served in the morning in nice clean surroundings. Plenty of staff about in the mornings all very polite and helpful. Parking good and easy to find.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank 225seanl
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I really like this hotel. It’s not perfect. Some of the public corridors are in need of decoration but my exec room was lovely with new carpet and a shed load of space. The bar, restaurant and reception are also tasteful. It’s no worse than the average holiday inn.

I last stayed here several years ago when it first became a holiday inn. Because it hasn’t always been a holiday inn, it doesn’t have that lifeless corporate grey feel, intact it has character. Plus it has the use of the gym and leisure centre next door which is extremely well equipped.

The food is pretty good, some portions are small but the price is reflective. Breakfast is average (porridge please), but because the staff are lovely and welcoming, and actually chat to you id return to this hotel anytime. Thanks for a nice stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely shocking customer service. Complained twice about the person next door who had their tv on full blast and woke my 18 month old daughter up at gone midnight. One person asked them to turn it down and that's it! Wouldn't do anything else about it. We've had to check out and come home at 1am as the manager, Andrew Neale refused to do anything else to help us despite us giving him solutions! Shrugged his shoulders and just let us check out. How he is a manager I'll never know. He either wants sacking or retraining. I'm now back at home trying to get my daughter to sleep. Will be taking this further. I'll never stay again or recommend you to anyone. Oh and apparently there are no rooms left, even though we only booked ours yesterday! Obviously they welcome people who disturb guests more then those who don't. Only gave one star because I can't give any less

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bonita W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hi Bonita W,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at the Barnsley M1, Jct.37 UK.

It is unsettling to know that we fell short of your expectations in terms of the level of service received and the rooms soundproofing was a letdown. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management and I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us and If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Stunning hotel, all of the staff are extremely helpful and can't do enough for you, the rooms are beautiful and very very clean, coffee/tea making facilities, bath and shower & comfortable beds in the rooms, the food in the bars downstairs is lovely and reasonably priced, all round top hotel we would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not far from the M1 but is far enough away that you can't hear it. The hotel has plenty of parking and the staff were friendly. I had an executive room which was massive. It was a big bed and very comfortable.

The decor was a bit tired but everything was very clean.

Date of stay: September 2017