“My fab 50th stay”

Ranked #2 of 14 Bedale B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“My fab 50th stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

What can I say my family took over the Elmfield house for my 50th Birthday the age range was 5 months - 79 years old. We had the whole place to ourselves and it was fantastic.

We could not have been made more welcome than we were,every age groud was covered, baby, toddler teenager 20's, 30's 40's 50's 60' and 70 + and everyone loved the place, we all arrived in different groups and everyone was given a very warm welcome, settled to room and tea and cakes in the garden. Everyone with our exception slept well and breakfast was lovelly.

Thank you Astra, Ian and everyone for making my family welcome in your home.

I will be seeing you again soon as bringing grandma on a ladies few days.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE MY 50TH SPECIAL

1 Thank police5019
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay. Ian and Astra are delightful hosts and made us feel very welcome. Delicious breakfast made from local produce. Spacious and comfortable room. Lovely and peaceful rural setting. You can have dinner at local pubs or in the lovely market town of Richmond, only a 10-min. drive away. We found it to be the perfect base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and to visit York and Harrogate (don't miss Betty's tearooms in Harrogate).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed 12 July 2010

My daughter and I stayed here on a Sunday night prior to her doing work experience at RAF Leeming for a week. We stayed just one night and stayed at Crakehall Watermill for the rest of the week as it was closer. Sunday may be a poor night to judge this B&B as nothing was happening. We were welcomed and offered a glass of wine (for me) and crisps to eat with our sandwiches we had brought with us. (We had had Sunday lunch before arriving). We had a pleasant walk and admired the horses, sheep and hens before coming back in to watch the tv in our room. The bathroom was very nice with some good freebies. The bedroom was comfortable but with rather pale coloured curtains which let the light in very early. I had a poor night as I could hear voices from next door until 2am and was awoken again at about 6am with the same. Luckily my daughter slept well. We had to be away early and so needed our breakfast at about 7am so cooked breakfast was not on offer which was a shame.
Somehow we felt a little as though we were intruding. I did have a little chat with the owner as I was looking at the information booklet, but he was rather shy. It was very clean and nice but I was glad we only stayed the one night. Evening meals can be provided if required but we did not take them up on this.

Leeds
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I was looking for a suitable location to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday, with family in Newcastle, Leeds & Skipton, I wanted somewhere equidistant - Elmfield House was the ideal location for our weekend together as a family in the most beautiful countryside. Astra, Ian & the team were brilliant hosts, breakfast for our oversized party of 16 was served piping hot in double quick time. We had planned a visit to Masham on the SAT to include a sheperded tour of the Black Sheep brewery, just a 20 mins drive away. One of the guests enjoyed Elmfield House so much she's asked my wife to take her back again in AUG for a couple of nights R & R. A very nice place to stay whatever you plan to do in the area, business or pleasure.

Boston
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Hotel is set in a really peaceful location with lovely scenery. The owners and their family are really helpful and friendly and the breakfast is impressive! We both slept like logs as the bed was very comfortable and in a spotlessly clean room. We will definetly use again next time we are in the Yorkshire area

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedale
8.2 km away
7.3 km away
The Three Coopers
The Three Coopers
#3 of 14 in Bedale

Been to Elmfield House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK