“Won't be back”
Review of Star Fish Bar

Star Fish Bar
Ranked #31 of 61 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Very small portions (I guess they used to serve more when just opened); old and dry chips; didn't have things listed on the menu.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

12th July 2017:
Been here a couple of times in past if in area, I enjoy local cuisine but sometimes I get the urge for mushy peas (an acquired taste I know). After a busy day the urge took me. I turned up at 10.45pm, some customers were just leaving. I was refused entry and told they were closed, I asked why as someone literally just left and there was 10-15mins left. The lady was not interested, gave me a blunt quip and shooed me out of the shop. Not really the service I expect, whilst I appreciate it was close to closing time, the manner she displayed was pretty vile. Had she been more pleasant I may have understood. I'm a stickler for customer service, it can make or break a meal. You can have a Michelin star meal but if it's served by a (insert expletive of choice) then it really impacts on the experience. Young lady who served me, if you read this, shame on you, you bring the company down. Manners cost nothing.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My family and I ate cod and chips here yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The chips were perfectly cooked, while the fish was battered to perfection - crisp and fresh.

The portion sizes were reasonable for the price, and the service was a little slow to get started but very friendly when it did.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Great fish and chips, but the owners have employed some idiots. Shame, used to enjoy getting fish and chips from there.
I know Customer Service as a concept has not reached Malta yet, but this guy was RUDE. Shove your fish and chips right up your .... !!

1  Thank Loosefix
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We have lived away from the UK for a long number of years and rarely get the chance of nice battered cod and handcut chips so when in Malta and seeing Star Fish Bar decided to give it a try. We both had portions of cod and chips which were cooked to perfection, crisp batter and not greasy in any way at all. The male server even went to the bother replacing an onion ring after I accidentally dropped one. Very good prices, food and service! Give it a try - you won't be disappointed I hope.