“very good fish”
Review of Star Fish Bar

Star Fish Bar
Ranked #31 of 61 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is a takeaway or eat in shop the fish is really good like the one in London with mushy peas and they have the pies which are very good,keep it up

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I normally buy food from Step On across the road as it is cheap, good quality and the portions are huge but the was out of the door and down the street and as I just fancied some chips to munch on the way home I decided to pop into star as it was empty except for one old couple.
Firstly the lady behind the counter had a face that could curdle milk, I don't know if she was having a bad day but service with a smile this wasn't She took my order which at 2.20e wasn't exactly cheap for some chips but hey ho I can live with that. She then started berating the lad that was frying the food because he hadn't done enough chips. Then she handed me my chips and I actually burst out laughing and said "Wow really?", the bag was almost empty! I mean literally 15 chips. Mrs Sourface really didn't care though and so I left. The chips were really very nice but I'd finished them before I got to the next corner. Such a shame that what could be an excellent little place is let down by poor service and awful portion sizes. It's just potato after all why not make sure your customers aren't left hungry.

2  Thank jello1501
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Had fish and chips on holiday and they were as good as home, nice sized fish and lots of chips, would go back next time, biggest problem was parking, but that's the same anywhere.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Called in here 3 times on our hols the best FISH outside the UK, cooked to order so they are fresh, the batter is crispy not a soggy mush like you usually get abroad or at some chip shops back home.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I hate leaving bad reviews. But I hope the management of this place are listening.
Miserable staff and the food was awful. Pretty sure is was frozen battered fish dropped Into the fryer. Very thick batter that I couldn't eat. Chips were ok. Mushy peas are horrid.

Sorry star fish bar. But you get my double thumbs down. I'm a Brit living in Malta and won't be returning.

2  Thank NAB-Manchester