“Better than the UK”
Review of Star Fish Bar

Star Fish Bar
Ranked #31 of 60 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Lunch time in hot and sunny Malta, felt like fish and chips, stopped across from Star Fish Bar, nice place, this is not a chippie, this is quality food, I ordered Cod and chips, service was fast, cod was in a crispy batter, a good portion. The place has AC, and the beauty is that you don't leave the place smelling of fish and chips.
Sticking my neck out, I would say that the fish and chips I had for lunch at Star Fish Bar is better than I had anywhere in the UK

2  Thank henryborgbarthet

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Stopped off early afternoon and had cod, chips and mushy peas. Compared well with British fish and chips. Freshly cooked. Friendly service.

2  Thank DonegalOnTour
Reviewed 28 March 2015

Have been to this restaurant last night and think it is good for a quick meal, and worth to try. Service is fast and good.
Taste of the fish could improve.

1  Thank Prince_rn
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Went to Star Fish Bar a couple of times lately. Had lovely cod with fries. When my wife ordered haddock, or plaice, I can't remember, she was told that the fish was already 'battered' when they bought it and so she should try the cod to taste their real batter. I found that to be honest.

Nest time I will try the pies or the battered sausage. Looking forward to the introduction of the deep fried mars bar.

1  Thank mbo570marsascala
Reviewed 4 March 2015

Being originally British I was very much looking forward to getting Fish and Chips one evening, but must say I was left a little disappointed.

The portions for chips are small, definitely not big enough to share and the chicken strips are really not worth it. The battered sausage was good enough though, just a shame they don't sell saveloys.

I won't be rushing back, but I would eat there again, just with much lower expectations.