See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Room: Good, clean, comfortable except for the fact that the shower is literally above the toilet. We stayed on 4th floor and there was constant noise from some kind of engine 24/7.
Distance: Too far to walk in the hot weather (20 min far from nearest beach). Taxi is about 12R.
Staff: Friendly staff but they don't know much about the area. They don't know basic things like where is the nearest laundry, what is the best beach, where to rent motorbike / car...
Other: No laundry, no restaurant, terrible wifi, literally no additional services.

Fair for the low price but I wouldn't come again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J C
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 2 nights with booking.com based on reviews that were good. However, upon checking in it was otherwise. The receptionist was quite impolite when asked some questions about the rooms. She just said I don't know to all my questions.
Then when we entered the rooms there was a horrible stench from the sewer which was an immediate turn off.
They didn't even have a kettle to boil water. Since my grandchild needed his milk we called reception to ask. She simply said we had to collect the kettle ourselves.
The hotel is quite new but the management of it is quite bad.
I immediately called booking.com customer service who kindly arranged for us to check out after one night.
Furthermore there were no places nearby for meals unless you have a car.
We will never stay at this place again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
11  Thank Salima Rashida M
Reviewed 10 November 2015

On Langkawi you don't have middle hotels. It's either guest houses or very expensive and glamorous hotels. As you spent most of the time traveling around the island and on the beach we decided to choose cheaper options. Salsa Resort was an excellent choice. First of all it is a new hotel. You have everything you need in the room and it doesn't look like a two star hotel room at all. All furniture is new and the beds are very big and comfortable. You have a cattle and cups to make tea, if you need you can ask for a hairdryer on an adaptor at the reception desk and of course free Wifi. Second of all it is very very clean, all towels were changed every day. The staff is fantastic, very friendly. They helped us to pick restaurants, found motorbike for us and were extremely helpful during all our stay. And it is absolutely safe. We left our phones, tablets and money on the table, for example, and not even once any coin was missed. And last but not least it is perfectly located, near the central street with all the good restaurants and near the best beaches on the island. As a disadvantage I would name absence of a shower cabin, there is only one socket and conditioning right in front of the bed, so it is very tricky if you sleep when it is on. But anyway for this price I am more than happy with the hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yulia O
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

They place me a room which i really dont feel comfy with and its noisy and so I request a change of room and they immediate do it for me to a better room(with fridge) without additional charges. Overall the hotel is fine nothing much in the room but the service of the staff here is good.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2015

i leave my camera bag(inside got my camera battery camera astigmatism lights) at this hotel i call back to hotel tell them to my room check them no saw my camera bag i determine my camera bag leave the bag in the hotel,i so disappointed

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family