Club Med Bintan Island
US$ 610
US$ 585
The Canopi(Lagoi)
3,746 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezemichael jacksonfamily holidayspecial mentiongreat holidaynew friendsevery mealbintan islandfree flowrestaurant manager
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This is our first trip out of Singapore as a family of 5.

We totally enjoyed ourselves during our stay. We had rest and the kids had alot of fun! Where else can parents get rest during a holiday? Clubmed has to be the place. They cater for all day food and alcohol for parents, and kids club from 9-5pm.

The service at bintan clubmed is superb. We are a family of 5 with 3 young kids 5 years and below - with a child who has severe food allergies to dairy and egg.

The G.Os at clubmed made sure that my child has not just safe foods to eat daily, they also made sure that the food is tasty and different EVERYDAY. and there is no extra costs. The staff at the kitchen to the kids club communicated with each other daily on the food my child eats, so to ensure safety and variety. THIS service is excellent. They truly went above and beyond to ensure safety and variety for him - even tho they didn't have to with variety, and we were just contented if he has food to eat.

The moment we arrived, and when the main G.O who is in-charge of us knew about my child's allergies, the next moment, the entire team including the chef in the kitchen was informed. They also prepared a full dairy and egg free cake for him to celebrate his birthday in advance. These efforts truly made us assured that this is indeed the perfect place for our family and for families with children or parents who has food allergies.

With the 9-5pm kids club available to occupy your kids, parents can have a good time of rest finally, away from tedious care giving in the daily routine. The G.Os are full of energy, patient and our kids love them very much. The kids get to play sports, and trapeze and trampoline.. cheer and have meals with the G.O.s

Massage service is excellent. I love it that it comes with a sea view and with sounds of the waves while massaging...

Room Tip: Ask for hotels with sea view!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vonnc904
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Not a family oriented resort as promised!!!

It was my maiden trip after delivery with my 6 months old son and we decided Club Med Bintan is the destination after all the research and review stating that it is a family oriented place! Was at the restaurant for lunch with my family and friends. After 10min, my 6 months old son was feeling uncomfortable and started to cry. My husband was trying to coax my son while I was preparing his food. A GO approach my husband saying that a GM had complained to him that my son cry is causing a disturbance and he was told and escort out of the restaurant! The way we were treated is totally unacceptable! Is that how your GO is trained to treat the parent with a crying infant? My whole trip was ruined with the kind of service my family received. We felt ostracized at Club Med which declared and promised as a family oriented place.

The embarrassing moment didn’t end here. When we head for lunch, one of the GO pointed at my friend’s child and said are u the baby that cried this morning ? We couldn’t wait to go home after all the embarrassment and we felt we were not welcomed. My friends got marked because of me. I feel guilty to ruin the holiday for my group of 14 pax too! Please don’t even think that we are just a bunch of customers from hell! We were definitely considerate. We were just a group with babies!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Letricia07
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Whilst i did enjoy the overall facilities and programmes, our experience was marred by an experience of my fellow travel mate.

My friend with her young child was chased and escorted out of the restaurant because the infant was crying. Reason being other patrons were uncomfortable. What irked us was that the family barely entered the restaurant for 10mins or lesser and the poor daddy was walking around soothing the child when he was asked to leave, exact words being "Sir, please kindly leave the restaurent" (Mummy was at the table making food for baby) Moreover, when said daddy told the GO that he needed to go back to tell his wife his whereabouts, the GO sort of did not allowed and personally escorted him out of the restaurant like some criminal? This situation was definitely handled wrongly and wrong choice of words used.

It took alot of faith for my friend as she was afraid to bring the baby on his first trip. We persuaded her as club med marketed itself as a family orientated baby friendly all inclusive resort. Apparently not as baby friendly as we thought. Well, they definitely gave our group of 14pax an unforgetable memory. So i would say go only if your children are above 6 perhaps.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I have been to Bintan many times before but it was my first time at Club Med and I’ve been very nicely surprised by the beach and sea water quality and cleanliness. The swimming pools are very nice too. The late breakfast restaurant (outdoor) is a nice change to the regular restaurants you go for all 3 meals. Rooms are disappointing: 2 single beds stuck next to each other, no real double bed, no bath tub, decor is non existant. The party of Saturday night is a lot of fun. The Chef de Village is going all out and make sure everyone is having fun. Make sure your room is not too close from the bar or the swimming pools as it gets very noisy at night.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecile083
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Quick hop away from Singapore without the airport hassle. Ferry ride was smooth in Emerald Class. Pleasantly surprised with a private transfer on arrival. Got one of the newly renovated rooms. Deco is the same but toilets and TV refreshed. Couldn't see what else was updated from last visit. Facilities around the club is definitely modernised. New restaurant and bar settings. Sports center I am presuming still in the works. Gym was definitely worse for wear. All in all kept the same standard so can't fault it and ease of destination from Singapore makes it a good away holiday.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family