3,935 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezegreat holidayfamily holidayspecial mentionevery mealbintan islandfree flowrestaurant managergreat familymain building
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Not a family oriented resort as promised!!!

It was my maiden trip after delivery with my 6 months old son and we decided Club Med Bintan is the destination after all the research and review stating that it is a family oriented place! Was at the restaurant for lunch with my family and friends. After 10min, my 6 months old son was feeling uncomfortable and started to cry. My husband was trying to coax my son while I was preparing his food. A GO approach my husband saying that a GM had complained to him that my son cry is causing a disturbance and he was told and escort out of the restaurant! The way we were treated is totally unacceptable! Is that how your GO is trained to treat the parent with a crying infant? My whole trip was ruined with the kind of service my family received. We felt ostracized at Club Med which declared and promised as a family oriented place.

The embarrassing moment didn’t end here. When we head for lunch, one of the GO pointed at my friend’s child and said are u the baby that cried this morning ? We couldn’t wait to go home after all the embarrassment and we felt we were not welcomed. My friends got marked because of me. I feel guilty to ruin the holiday for my group of 14 pax too! Please don’t even think that we are just a bunch of customers from hell! We were definitely considerate. We were just a group with babies!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Letricia07
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Whilst i did enjoy the overall facilities and programmes, our experience was marred by an experience of my fellow travel mate.

My friend with her young child was chased and escorted out of the restaurant because the infant was crying. Reason being other patrons were uncomfortable. What irked us was that the family barely entered the restaurant for 10mins or lesser and the poor daddy was walking around soothing the child when he was asked to leave, exact words being "Sir, please kindly leave the restaurent" (Mummy was at the table making food for baby) Moreover, when said daddy told the GO that he needed to go back to tell his wife his whereabouts, the GO sort of did not allowed and personally escorted him out of the restaurant like some criminal? This situation was definitely handled wrongly and wrong choice of words used.

It took alot of faith for my friend as she was afraid to bring the baby on his first trip. We persuaded her as club med marketed itself as a family orientated baby friendly all inclusive resort. Apparently not as baby friendly as we thought. Well, they definitely gave our group of 14pax an unforgetable memory. So i would say go only if your children are above 6 perhaps.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank LoveTravel108107
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I have been to Bintan many times before but it was my first time at Club Med and I’ve been very nicely surprised by the beach and sea water quality and cleanliness. The swimming pools are very nice too. The late breakfast restaurant (outdoor) is a nice change to the regular restaurants you go for all 3 meals. Rooms are disappointing: 2 single beds stuck next to each other, no real double bed, no bath tub, decor is non existant. The party of Saturday night is a lot of fun. The Chef de Village is going all out and make sure everyone is having fun. Make sure your room is not too close from the bar or the swimming pools as it gets very noisy at night.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecile083
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Quick hop away from Singapore without the airport hassle. Ferry ride was smooth in Emerald Class. Pleasantly surprised with a private transfer on arrival. Got one of the newly renovated rooms. Deco is the same but toilets and TV refreshed. Couldn't see what else was updated from last visit. Facilities around the club is definitely modernised. New restaurant and bar settings. Sports center I am presuming still in the works. Gym was definitely worse for wear. All in all kept the same standard so can't fault it and ease of destination from Singapore makes it a good away holiday.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kar W
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Holidaying with family and friends to celebrate a special birthday, we ranged in age from 2-72 and yet found this place offered something for us all. Activities, entertainment, food and drink aplenty were all enjoyed by. The complex offers many sporting activities or just plain relaxation in the resort, around the pool or on the private beach. There is a free shuttle bus that runs 4 times a day to the local Plaza Lagoi for shopping or beauty treatments (although there is a spa complex within the resort also). Day trips are also on offer at extra cost. Although the beac( immediately in front of the resort is well cared for and clean, I would really like to see the resort clean up the rest of the private beach that guests have access to - walking the length of the small beach there is quite a bit of rubbish visible that has obviously been lying around for a while.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends