“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Varca
In
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

I had an pleaseant stay at the Zuri as the rooms were great and spacious rooms. The staff was also so much responsive and present for each and every thing we required. Overall an great holiday and experience. Thanks to Zuri

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Polish first
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Zuri White Sands is a perfect place for that White mischief holiday. Far from the madding crowd and hustle and bustle of North Goa, this hotel will be ideal for people eyeing a quieter holiday along with the excitement and fun. Peaceful location for relaxing and adventure sports for the ones eyeing an escapade

We visited this place in August second week with parents and had a great experience. The rooms were just overlooking the pool and were clean. Since we were on a full board basis, enjoyed all meals to the core

Zuri is definitely worth a visit once in your stay to Goa (especially if u are not the north goa types)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This had been my 3rd trip to Goa since 1999. First 2 trips had been very formal & couldn’t get time to roam around in Goa. Lot of people say that Goa trip should be for Leisure & at peace. Well this time I just planned to do something like this. My poor wife always accompanies me on such trips. Luckily she managed to get off from her busy schedule & I managed to squeeze in a 4 days break from Business. We arrived at the Airport we were guided to an A/C Toyota Innova without any problem. In exactly 50 mins we were at the Hotel Lobby. Now here are the finest points about Zuri White Sands Resort & Casino,
1) Hotel lobby: It was quite huge & we had to check-in with another group of about 14-15 people. I thought now it will take at least 20-25 mins but to my shock my check-in was done in 5 mins. The front desk office staff is very prompt & up on their knees all the time. Suddenly I found that there were 2 people to help me with check-in formalities & it was done very quickly. We were guided to our room on 1st floor. It was on the rear side of the property & not swimming pool facing. I just wanted such kind of a room, calm & quite. Our room no was 223.
2) Rooms: The room was quite good with sufficient space & things that I liked the most were the mini-fridge was empty. I was told to order whatever I wanted then I would be charged for it. I like this concept. Bathroom was clean & good. We had a Balcony facing the rear side of the property & it was peaceful all the 24 hours. In the night we could hear the slightest of noise from anywhere. It was really a blissful trip for us. Although we could hear TV noise & some whispering from next room. That’s what needs to be taken care of in the rooms. 5 start properties are not meant to be this way. We had a locker, extra pillows (plenty of them) & a real large huge King size bed. I just loved the room.
3) Hotel Property: Next was our trip to hotel property & things around. It has one of the biggest swimming pools in Goa I guess. Plus it has so much of greenery around the hotel that it never seems to end. This property is really HUGE !! It has a private beach which ends up with club Mahindra resorts on the Left hand side & a public beach on the right hand side. The water was clean & sand was absolutely white in color. We had fun at the beach for about 2 hours. I forgot to mention that Lifeguards were also seen in these areas during this off time of the season as well.
After enjoying at the beach for 2 hours we came back & hit the swimming pool & had a good time.
4) Dining: I had been through certain reviews on Trip-Advisor about food & other aspects for this property. Trust me it must have been some kind of Bad Luck or some kind of problem during your visit. This hotel serves absolutely very good food & its Hygiene & tasty & offers variety. I specially had my Breakfast, Lunch & dibber for 3 days in this hotel to check on the same. But I didn’t find any such problem at all at this property in terms of service, food or quality. All the 3 days we were offered different food (75%) & 25% menu is the same everyday such as fruits, juices, rolls, Idli, Vada, Dosa & stuff like this.
The staff in entire hotel had been very courteous, helpful & very attentive all the time. It was like we used to ask them something & they would come up with answers without any second thought. I was impressed totally with them & their service right from Watchmen, Staff & Managers.
Me & my wife had the Best of the time from this Goa trip & still we are in that joyful mood.
Zuri White Sands Resorts ROCKZ !!

Room Tip: If you want peacefulness then opt for Rear side facing rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

we went to zuri during september 2010.....on time pickup from the airport....in a personal a/c vehicle and not a sic.....hotel has a very large and impressive entrance / reception area....warm welcome with complimentary drinks...smooth check in.....room alloted was on the ground floor...very good, large and clean, ditto with bathroom....room had a personal verandah facing the pool....all first impressions good, nothing to complain about

i and my wife are both foodies and were thoroughly satisfied with the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.....a huge selection each time both veg and non-veg, lots of desserts too...none of the dishes were ever repeated during any of the 3 days i stayed there.. (they do have paneer and mix vegetable everyday but then the gravy / flavor / preparation is changed)....the serving staff was very good, prompt and efficient in their work......most of the time i didnt even have to call them...they seem to sense the need and appeared instantaneusly....the place was sufficiently big and never too crowded despite all the people eating at the same time....once we even had a dance show performance at dinner time....a local folk dance, nothing spectacular but good enough to worthy a mention in here.

the main pool which is huge and circular with the entire hotel built around it or maybe vice versa (this is supposed to be the largest in goa) was closed for the season but they do have one more pool which makes up for its closure.

the hotel had loads of activities (though i didnt do any of them) some free, some chargeable. they had archery, beach volleyball, dancing classes, saucer painting, face painting, treasure hunt etc. a proper time table was published for those interested.

the hotel has a huge garden / lawn which is very well maintained with proper stone walks thru them, clear markings as well.....the hotel has its own private beach area with a bar / restaurant (closed during our visit)....no watersports also during this time coz of the rains. however they do have a good sitout area / basking area on the beach with many chairs....the big wooden variety minus the cushion.....not comfortable for longer periods....the beach has sand which can qualify to be called as white and hence the name.....the weather was good, breeze was cool and we would have loved to stay a longer only if the basking chairs had some cushion on it.

one thing which i want to make special note of is that they have a good day care centre wherein you can keep your children / toddlers in good care while you indulge in any personal activities.....the area is well stuffed with kids stuff, lots of toys, a tv, a selection of kids movies, rhymes cds and stuff, two extremely attentive ladies at all times to look after the kids. simply a boon for parents...i did use this and was thoroughly satisfied with their services.

the spa has a special "couple jacuzzi" (self explanatory) ....a very romantic and popular activity for cpls / honeymooners.....to avoid dissapointment, i suggest ppl book this on arrival as most of the time slots are always taken........normal jacuzzi was complimentary for all guests.

had a half day sight seeing included in the package......the fact that they provided a special a/c vehicle just for us made it all the more special and enjoyable.

overall, we had a very good time and heartily recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our first impression on this resort was good as we drove into the property and were promptly checked in by courteous and efficient staff. The rooms were clean and nice. There was high humidity perhaps due to the monsoon but we actually enjoyed watching the rain. The barman at the pool bar was brilliant with his cocktails and all the wait staff were smart and warm.  I even found a nice coffee press in my room and not the same boring Nescafe sachets. The bathrooms are nice and clean with a huge rain shower and a hose with a hand shower. The grounds are huge, green and well maintained. There are pathways in the garden with  proper  informative signs. The pool staff are friendly and would even get a drink for you from the pool bar. A good place and good value for money.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jacktt75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varca
2.2 km away
37.1 km away
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 63 in Candolim

Been to The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK