“Luxury Holidays redefined...”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Varca
New Delhi, India
“Luxury Holidays redefined...”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It's located in south Goa (Quieter than North) which is relatively private and very quiet on weekdays. The property has a large pool and some of the rooms that open into a wading pool - which is fantastic. We were on an all inclusive deal. The hotel was very full (presumably due to back to back weddings) but did not interfere with our plans. You can usually tell how the services are going to be from the time you are picked up from the airport and this was bang on. We were on our way to the property within 10 minutes of being picked up and took about 45 minutes.

We were pleasantly surprised by the personalized attention in spite of a large group checking out that day. I remember Sinfo (Name of staffer) helping us with the formalities and ensuring that we did not miss on our lunch which was well beyond the buffet hours.

We requested for adjoining rooms (since we were 2 families with young kids) and we got the same (132+133) which opened right onto the meandering pool (this is definitely the USP of the property) and worth every rupee that we paid.

The rooms were extremely comfortable/neat and clean with safety lockers/LCD TV/Great AirCon and the housekeeping did a good job to rectify small deficiencies.

The food service in the Waterfall cafe was not only fantastic but the choices were brilliant. Add to that more than accommodating staff (special mention of Pradeep and Sunita) who took excellent care of us and our kids (Thanks Guys!! You rock!!)

The blue lagoon (Swim up bar in the pool) was ok with basic drinks and snacks. The shacks were closed (which is understandable at this point of time) but the beach was pretty amazing.

The casino (dunes) was little let down and isnt a great experience when visiting with families and I would avoid taking ladies there. Although we did end up winning some monies but could not get the ladies involved which was a bit let down.

The Maya spa was really good and we enjoyed a good relaxing massage, steam and the jacuzzi.

All in all, we were extremely happy with our overall experience (Thanks Nitin & team) and for ensuring we are coming back next year!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 29 June 2012

It is an awesome hotel located in a beautiful building. There’s a huge, well maintained garden with a path to the beach. The swimming pool in the hotel was amazing. The hotel was very clean, which I appreciated. The rooms were spacious, cleaned everu day, there was a tea tray and potable water filled in every day.
I couldn’t say a bad word about the staff – they’re amazingly helpful and attentive.
I enjoyed the hotel restaurant meals a lot – and there was a wide chooice for the picky ones.
The nearby beach is well-maintained as well so all in all it was a very pleasurable experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank trvlgrll
Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

When our tour guide and transport arrived they were refused entry to pick us up the the local taxi cab mafia. This cut our tour of goa short and realy ruined the mood of the stay.
Other than that the hotel, grounds and pool were excellent.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Sam S
, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Guest,

It is very unfortunate that you had to experience inconvenience due to the Taxi Car Service outside the hotel. We have taken up this matter with the concerned authorities of the Car Service and it was a case of misunderstanding. The Car service Chauffers also joins us in apologizing for the same. We also thank you for appreciating our resort and our services. Perhaps you would visit us again for another Zuri Experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

It's located in a beautiful location with white sand beach - which is relatively private and very quiet on weekdays. The property has a large pool and some of the rooms that open into a wading pool - which is fantastic.

We were on an all inclusive deal. The hotel was very full. The toilet in the room we were initially allocated was stinking - which when pointed was promptly attended to and we were eventually moved to another room.

The property was crowded and so were the restaurants. The food was pretty average and so was the service. I guess it has seen much better days when it used to be owned by another chain. The beach had bit of oil (guess part of a spill near Goa) on the last day of our stay.

Room Tip: Some of the ground floor rooms (slightly expensive) open into a wading pool - which is excellent.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ZuriHotels, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our resort and for sharing the same here. We value your feedback and we sincerely apologize for the few inconveniences you faced during your stay. We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your meals as many other guests have enjoyed and complimented on the same. We do understand that preferences differ and sincerely wish you would visit us again. At The Zuri, we are passionate about giving each guest that wonderful memorable experience and you will surely experience the same during your next visit.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at ZWS, Goa between 7/6/2012 to 10/6/2012. If you are looking for quality vacation time with your family / friends, avoid this highly over rated property at all cost. It is nothing but glorified run down motel with a vast landscape and a private beach.
We had requested an extra bed in our room for our daughter and while the bed was being made, we noticed a large amount of dust on the floor which even the housekeeping noticed too. Only after our repeated requests did he came back with a mop and sweep the area. There were still few dark spots like liquid spills were left, which could have gone if cleaned with a wet mop. Our flight was delayed by 3 hours and we reached the hotel @ 7.40 PM instead of 4 in the afternoon. If checkout is @ 11, I still can’t imagine they did not bother to clean the room even while they had close to 9 hours on hand. Dead tired, we let it go, had quick dinner and went to sleep.
Next morning, I noticed there are few more dirty areas. I am wondering if they actually bother to clean the room before handing it over to the next guest. (Picture attached.) Suddenly, my daughter screams from the bathroom. A cockroach is trying to climb on her leg and there are 2 more in the bathroom. (2 more pictures enclosed.) Informed housekeeping and went for swim. Came back after an hour and there is still one roaming in the bathroom. Called housekeeping again. After 10 minutes, assistant manager (pest control) comes to us apologizing. Informs us that he had checked and found a small dead one. So, I showed him the pictures and asked him to check the bathroom. He mumbles that the problem must be in the ventilator shaft of the bathroom and he would do pest control right away. I flatly refused and told him that I had allergy for strong odor and my daughter was asthmatic. Under no circumstances, we can stay in that room after pest control and request for a room change. He advised to speak to the duty manager.
Another 15 minutes, we are now visited by the duty manager who apologizes and talks about doing pest control of the ventilator shaft as well as the bathroom. I specifically told him about my allergy and my daughter being asthmatic. Any strong odor will onset the asthma in my daughter and requested for change in room. I also showed him the dirty spots in the room. He promised to get back to us under 10 minutes. That 10 minutes turned to 30 minutes, no phone call from him but my daughter calls us from the restaurant that they are closing the buffet. While leaving the room, I notice a guy doing pest control inside the shaft and strong smell of the chemical. The counter was almost closed by the time we reached restaurant and we explained the situation to the staff and they arrange food promptly. I was almost half done than I noticed the duty manager getting down the stairs and trying to avoid me.
He would not even acknowledge our presence. Only after chasing him, did he stop. I asked him to visit our room with me as I had seen pest control being done. He feigned surprise and says he was going to call me up. It is almost an hour after his promised 10 minutes. We reached our room and the moment I enter, the strong smell of pest control hits me. I immediately felt nauseated, started coughing violently and emptied my half ate lunch inside the bathroom. No way had the pest control guy acted on his own. That calling us up in 10 minutes was an eye wash. There were no plans to shift us in another room. They were simply trying to sweep the dirt under the rug.
In spite of my repeatedly informing that about the serious medical problems, they had the audacity to act in most inhuman, totally unprofessional, insensible and careless way. I can guarantee that this will never happen anywhere else in this industry. They gave us change in room but I felt nauseated throughout the rest of the day. A day wasted due to irresponsible behavior of the hotel management. I can only thank god that my daughter did not visit the room.
Food: They offer decent variety of spread in BLD but tasteless and repetitive. Quality is nothing to talk about either. You have to constantly pursue for the food items to be replenished. 3 times out of 9 that we visited the café, we found either the spoon or the fork unclean with previous food item stuck at the back.
The saving grace is the pool, kid’s area, well maintained landscape and wi-fi with decent speed and good connectivity. Also, even while the hotel was running to its full capacity and perpetual chaos at the restaurant, we always had good service from the staff at the café. Thanks for being the only bright spot in the overall bad experience.
Just noticed that as on 11/06/2012, people staying at this property has terrible (21), poor (25) and average (38) experience as against very good (121) + excellent (147) combined. So logically 31% or nearly every third person did not enjoy their stay.
No amount of apology from the management will suffice. Wasted my holiday as well as money which could have brought me nice moments to cherish.

6 Thank urshah
ZuriHotels, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Mr. Shah,

As you have mentioned, no amount of apologies is going to bring back the lost time or undo the experiences you faced during your stay with us. We however wish to very sincerely apologize for what had happened. We also apologize that despite your request, the pest control had already worked in the area of your room and we are truly sorry for the same.

We have taken this feedback very seriously and shall be extra careful to ensure it does not recur with any guests in future. Due to the tropical location of our resort and the expanse of the vast landscaped gardens, we are always careful to keep out all pests and spare no effort to keep our guests safe and comfortable.

We genuinely hope and wish you would return again and if you do, you would be pleasantly surprised. We also thank you for appreciating the services and hospitality of our dining staff and we shall convey your comments to them.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varca
2.2 km away
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 64 in Candolim
28.7 km away
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa

Been to The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK