2,112 results
All reviews meandering pool waterfall cafe private beach tangerine bar main pool white sand huge pool huge property swim up bar non veg great property ground floor off season breakfast spread welcome drink beach side special thanks
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at ZWS, Goa between 7/6/2012 to 10/6/2012. If you are looking for quality vacation time with your family / friends, avoid this highly over rated property at all cost. It is nothing but glorified run down motel with a vast landscape and a private beach.
We had requested an extra bed in our room for our daughter and while the bed was being made, we noticed a large amount of dust on the floor which even the housekeeping noticed too. Only after our repeated requests did he came back with a mop and sweep the area. There were still few dark spots like liquid spills were left, which could have gone if cleaned with a wet mop. Our flight was delayed by 3 hours and we reached the hotel @ 7.40 PM instead of 4 in the afternoon. If checkout is @ 11, I still can’t imagine they did not bother to clean the room even while they had close to 9 hours on hand. Dead tired, we let it go, had quick dinner and went to sleep.
Next morning, I noticed there are few more dirty areas. I am wondering if they actually bother to clean the room before handing it over to the next guest. (Picture attached.) Suddenly, my daughter screams from the bathroom. A cockroach is trying to climb on her leg and there are 2 more in the bathroom. (2 more pictures enclosed.) Informed housekeeping and went for swim. Came back after an hour and there is still one roaming in the bathroom. Called housekeeping again. After 10 minutes, assistant manager (pest control) comes to us apologizing. Informs us that he had checked and found a small dead one. So, I showed him the pictures and asked him to check the bathroom. He mumbles that the problem must be in the ventilator shaft of the bathroom and he would do pest control right away. I flatly refused and told him that I had allergy for strong odor and my daughter was asthmatic. Under no circumstances, we can stay in that room after pest control and request for a room change. He advised to speak to the duty manager.
Another 15 minutes, we are now visited by the duty manager who apologizes and talks about doing pest control of the ventilator shaft as well as the bathroom. I specifically told him about my allergy and my daughter being asthmatic. Any strong odor will onset the asthma in my daughter and requested for change in room. I also showed him the dirty spots in the room. He promised to get back to us under 10 minutes. That 10 minutes turned to 30 minutes, no phone call from him but my daughter calls us from the restaurant that they are closing the buffet. While leaving the room, I notice a guy doing pest control inside the shaft and strong smell of the chemical. The counter was almost closed by the time we reached restaurant and we explained the situation to the staff and they arrange food promptly. I was almost half done than I noticed the duty manager getting down the stairs and trying to avoid me.
He would not even acknowledge our presence. Only after chasing him, did he stop. I asked him to visit our room with me as I had seen pest control being done. He feigned surprise and says he was going to call me up. It is almost an hour after his promised 10 minutes. We reached our room and the moment I enter, the strong smell of pest control hits me. I immediately felt nauseated, started coughing violently and emptied my half ate lunch inside the bathroom. No way had the pest control guy acted on his own. That calling us up in 10 minutes was an eye wash. There were no plans to shift us in another room. They were simply trying to sweep the dirt under the rug.
In spite of my repeatedly informing that about the serious medical problems, they had the audacity to act in most inhuman, totally unprofessional, insensible and careless way. I can guarantee that this will never happen anywhere else in this industry. They gave us change in room but I felt nauseated throughout the rest of the day. A day wasted due to irresponsible behavior of the hotel management. I can only thank god that my daughter did not visit the room.
Food: They offer decent variety of spread in BLD but tasteless and repetitive. Quality is nothing to talk about either. You have to constantly pursue for the food items to be replenished. 3 times out of 9 that we visited the café, we found either the spoon or the fork unclean with previous food item stuck at the back.
The saving grace is the pool, kid’s area, well maintained landscape and wi-fi with decent speed and good connectivity. Also, even while the hotel was running to its full capacity and perpetual chaos at the restaurant, we always had good service from the staff at the café. Thanks for being the only bright spot in the overall bad experience.
Just noticed that as on 11/06/2012, people staying at this property has terrible (21), poor (25) and average (38) experience as against very good (121) + excellent (147) combined. So logically 31% or nearly every third person did not enjoy their stay.
No amount of apology from the management will suffice. Wasted my holiday as well as money which could have brought me nice moments to cherish.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank urshah
ZuriHotels, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Mr. Shah,

As you have mentioned, no amount of apologies is going to bring back the lost time or undo the experiences you faced during your stay with us. We however wish to very sincerely apologize for what had happened. We also apologize that despite your request, the pest control had already worked in the area of your room and we are truly sorry for the same.

We have taken this feedback very seriously and shall be extra careful to ensure it does not recur with any guests in future. Due to the tropical location of our resort and the expanse of the vast landscaped gardens, we are always careful to keep out all pests and spare no effort to keep our guests safe and comfortable.

We genuinely hope and wish you would return again and if you do, you would be pleasantly surprised. We also thank you for appreciating the services and hospitality of our dining staff and we shall convey your comments to them.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The GOOD:

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are great and the property is spread well spread out.. The resort offers lots of services like tennis courts, swimming pools, table tennis and snooker (Which was chargeable)...The beach was 5 min walk.. The swimming pool was great in this resort...

The BAD:

The only thing that I felt was lacking with the place was the quality of food.. Of the 5-6 meals that I had at the resort, the feeling was that the food was re-used at some places.. for example, the muffin in the morning was found in custard pudding in lunch and chocolate muffin at night... Cut fruits were not very fresh in most meals..

Breakfast was the best meal of day...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mumbai_Traveller2011
ZuriHotels, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for appreciating our property and services. Our pool, landscaped gardens, pristine beach, recreation and the personalized care and attention in all our offerings are indeed what makes our guests come back. Our chefs are very careful in compiling our menus as we cater to diverse clientele and we understand that meal choices are very sensitive. We follow very high international standards and do not serve any unsafe food. It is very unfortunate that you were not pleased and we are truly apologetic for the same. We shall look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Located beautifully in south goa, the hotel has a private beach which is clean and true to its name is a white sand beach. The resort is spread out with good outdoor activities, kids room, yoga and courts for tennis etc. The room service is slow, but the food is good. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. The cocktails at the swim up bar are nice and there are 2 pools for use. The breakfast spread is decent but the service is slow here again. It was a weekend break for us and we got full value for our money.

Room Tip: ground floor room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have visited Zuri during the past two years. The first time I went with my wife and kid and then last year I attended the GoaFest. I got a room upgrade the first time I visited Zuri and I was damn impressed. Great memories of a great property, brilliant swimming pool and pristine beach. The staff at the hotel was also very cheerful and helpful. Remember a lady called RANU who served us well at Waterfall Cafe.

I loved the property so much that I recommended it to lots of my friends and colleagues at office. Infact one of our groups did also organize their off-site at Zuri on account of my recommendation.

On my was for another weekend visit to Zuri with my extended family...hope everything turns out as great as planned.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

this was our second trip to Zuri .After a great first trip in 2010 nov this was a total opposite. Unclean rooms stale food as well as all that could go wrong went wrong here . Due to the food our child fell sick and a doctor had to be called. the lower staff was facing the music all the time clue less of what to do and embarrassed at the whole thing. Pizza had to be returned 4 times as either it was raw or burnt. When you ask for extra towels the reply is that they are all in washing so we will give you after 4 hours. We were 2 families with 4 kids and they room given was far out even after calling 2 days in advance and asking for closer rooms. the pick up car forgot to come again you search the hotel no on the smart phone and call . Same food and vegetable repeated every day . Same desserts like eating yesterday's left overs , how low can one sink ? Air conditioning conked of at night . called in the guy at 1.00 same thing next night and had to go for change of room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Atul S
ZuriHotels, Manager at The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Guest,
We thank you for the review about your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you had to endure. We have addressed all the issues which you have highlighted and it shall not recur. Giving a guest value for money and a wonderful vacation is what we strive for and many a guest have sworn by the same as per the reviews in the same portal. We ask you to please come again to stay with us and we promise you a vacation you will cherish forever.