“EleAmazing!!”

Elefantastic
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Amer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Elefantastic is an Elephant Rehabilitation Center on the outskirts of Jaipur. The rehabilitation center is owned and managed by a former Elephant Rider (Mahut), the center focuses on healthcare and breeding management for friendly, beautiful and special elephants to produce healthy elephants to live on Earth. Although Elefantastic Rehabilitation Center was only born on 21st February 2012, Rahul's family involvement with our elephants backdate to over 4 generations. Before the Rehabilitation Center materialized, he was an elephant rider at the Amber Palace for 9 years, providing riding tours for the many tourists that visited the Amber Palace. Although he enjoyed being an elephant rider at Amber Palace & met many tourists, he couldn't help wanting something more meaningful for him and his elephants. Many of the tourists he met were interested in the day to day life of elephants and what he does with them, rather than just wanting an ordinary ride. As he pondered on the possible opportunities, he realized that he wanted to show people a more in depth insight into the lives of Asian elephants. There are vast misconceptions across India that animals - especially elephants - are very badly mistreated. He decided that he wants to prove to people that this is not always the case and take a step forward in eradicating these misconceptions. This decision inspired him to start the Rehabilitation Center, which gives an insight into the daily lives of Asian elephants. You will see that all of our elephants are well fed, with spacious rooms, attentive vet check ups every week to make sure they're all at the peak of their health, with loving and caring caretakers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A wonderful experience hanging out with my own elephant. I spent the first hour feeding my elephant. I can't remember her name but she was so gentle. She was blind, 42 and pregnant for the first time. The handler loved her so much. What English got thru, he would say she is my elephant with a huge grin.
After feeding, I used organic paint on her forehead and then bathed her. After this we walked together. The time flew by so quickly.
My only regret was not having lunch with the owner etc. His sister's wedding was that weekend so they were very busy. I was invited of course but I've been to many Indian weddings and had other plans. It would have been a nice gesture however to have charged me a little less to compensate for no lunch but I figured all,the proceeds went back to the elephants care so I didn't mind.
If you have a chance to do this don't think twice. I get sad thinking of the worked elephants with whom tourists ride at Jaipur fort. It's your holiday but it's their everyday.
Don't ride them, enjoy them!

1  Thank stewad-s
in 22 reviews
"love elephants"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked 21 days with elephantastic in March 2017. With their assistance and suggestions I customized my driving tour to the destinations, sights and hotels that I wanted. Our persanal driver Indu, was great. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and spoke English. Couldn't ask for a better driver. The roads of India can be very crazy, he kept us safe.

3  Thank janvancouver_BC
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you want to have an up close & personal experience with elephants who are not chained or being abused in any way, this is the place for you! Highly recommended for elephant lovers!

1  Thank khittinger
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure how I feel about this place. On one hand, being up close to the elephants was a wonderful experience that my whole family enjoyed. We loved feeding, petting, and washing the elephants. I don’t know about the painting and riding. I don’t think painting hurts them but it does seem like it’s also not something that’s natural for these beautiful creatures. And riding them, regardless if they say is ok or not, still seems inhumane. And the owners still use a limited number of their elephants to take tourists up the Amer fort in the heat and with those awful back breaking saddles. I preferred going to Wildlife SOS in Agra, a real sanctuary that actually rescues and cares for their elephants the right way. Plus the elephants at Wildlife got much better food than the ones we fed at elefantastic. But I will say that the staff at elefantastic is very nice to us.

4  Thank cvu79