Beautiful location and immaculately clean. I would have no hesitation recommending this property to anyone; we spent an amazing 10 days there. However, if you are a first time visitor to Switzerland/this property, the following advice might be useful:
1. The owner will probably arrange to meet you in the village square (Piazza d'armi) by the river in the nearby village of Olivone. The property is located about 25min drive from there, up some pretty steep and bendy roads. You'll drive to Dotra at the top of a mountain and then keep going down a gravel track. It's a bit unnerving the first time, but you'll get used used to it!
2. Don't park on the grass if it's been raining, even for loading and unloading! There is parking space in front of the neighbouring barn (50m), we recommend that you leave your car there or even further up the hill (1km).
3. If you are from the UK and taking food, chuck in a tin opener. The Swiss tins all have pull tops, so tin openers are a bit redundant! You'll also need things like loo roll and washing up liquid.
4. The Swiss have different plugs to the rest of Europe, so you'll need a Swiss adapter.
5. Take mosquito repellant. In fact, buy all your pharmaceuticals in the UK. We expected Switzerland to be expensive, but toiletries and medicines were about three times the price you would pay in the UK.
6. Explore the little stream that runs below the house. It's a great place for paddling. 7. Relax and enjoy - it's a remote and stunning location. There are loads of great places to explore locally and within a hours drive from the bottom of the hill. Fantastic!