“Warm and Welcoming”
Review of The Boatyard

The Boatyard
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Cullercoats
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 13
Description: Tucked around the corner from Cullercoats Bay, The Boatyard is a restaurant open daily for brunch. Fresh, locally sourced produce, fair trade coffee, loose leaf teas, home baked scones & cakes. Specialities include the Boatyard Burger with cheddar and red onion marmalade, in a brioche bun and triple cooked chips. Eggs benedict with Nicholson's bacon and home-made hollandaise. We have a small evolving menu, and aim to cater for all dietary requirements. A friendly team of staff and a relaxed atmosphere. The Boatyard is dog friendly. The venue is available to hire for parties and meals.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thanks to the staff of the Boatyard who helped get my birthday off to a great start with a tasty healthy breakfast and excellent coffee. I love the way they happily adapt the menu for those with intolerances and allergies - the egg-free full (well, almost full!) English was delicious. A great little venue, a warm welcome and great food!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the best 'Dog Friendly' Cafe in the Cullercoats area. I take all my doggie House Guests. I have been twice in the last two weeks and I throughly recommend Full English. Thie Boatyard's meat supplier is from a 100 year old Family run business. On my last visit the young man knew what I needed to order. That's what I call customer satisfaction. The Boatyard is well established and all the local dog owners use this restaurant. Their menu is moderately priced and caters for meat and non meat eaters. If you are a Vegan I would check out the web site prior to visiting. The Tea and Coffee are excellent and so welcoming when you've been excersising your dog on one of our beautiful North-East beaches. Furthermore the waiting staff offer dog owners a dog treat. The Boatyard also have a loyality card. On my next visit I will explore the menu before it changes as they seasonally change.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Boatyard for breakfast on a bright Monday morning.
I had the small full English which was just perfect. All tasty good quality produce.
My partner had scrambled eggs with a side of bacon. She will admit to being very fussy about all styles of eggs she eats. She said that they were the nicest she had ever eaten anywhere. Cooked beautifully.
I had a 15oz cappucino which was the most delicious creamy topped coffee ever.
A great find and so close to our home. I can see the Boatyard becoming a regular breakfast treat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely adore this place, the quality of the food is excellent (free range eggs, organic milk and butter and great local suppliers.) I regularly going in post-workout for a protein rich breakfast and often order off menu - the staff are always fine with this (my favourite is poached eggs with salmon and spinach). It's a beautiful quaint and authentic café with excellent flat while and a great range of loose leaf tea - try the tumeric latte! The staff are friendly and happy to be flexible with my order and the play list is really great. There are a few cafes at the coast and I have tried them all - this is definitely my go-to at the coast (and my friends love it for the indulgent vegan breakfast and cake too)! Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I went to have breakfast with my daughter for mother's day but the chef made a mistake with my order. I was told my food would be straight out and as it was only poached eggs to cook I thought it would be about 3 minutes. I waited another 15 minutes by which time my daughter had finished her food and I was eating on my own. I was also told by the waiter the cost of my meal would be deducted from the bill but when I went to pay they only offered to take the coffees off the bill and I was treated like I was being an awkward customer.