“Beautiful hotel, excellent staff”
Review of Chonor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McLeod Ganj
Chonor House
Ranked #3 of 68 McLeod Ganj B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We really enjoyed our 3 nights at the Chonor House. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated with painted murals of Tibetan scenes. The staff was very friendly and accomodated all our requests. The mattress was a tad too hard for our taste so they quickly added a top mattress, no issue. Perfect location near the main Tibetan complex, temple and museum.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Viva-Luigi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

After reading positive reviews , I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. I have spoken to the hotel reception as well as the manager . There is availability but I got a feeling they werent to pleased that I was only staying for one night . I would love to stay more but have to get back to work !
I have called them 3 times and emailed 6 times over past couple of weeks with NO REPLY.
I asked a local travel agent to assist me and was told that they will not take bookings from indians as only like white western guests are welcome. I am western but am not staying long enough I guess. The hotel should make it clear if they will only accept western guests and have a minimum night stay rule. Atleast then we can not waste time trying to make a reservation. !!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sj135
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed at Chonor House while attending a seminar on climate change with the Dalai Lama. I was in the Tibetan birds room which had lovely murals and views from the balcony. Loved the dawn with sounds from the temple. I would recommend it highly and suggest the following to other guests. The traditional beds can be hard...I doubled up the mattress in my twin bedded room and a more comfy mattress suddenly appeared. Perhaps you can request a softer mattress? The food is OK but not spicy. The rosemary potatoes are great. As is the bread - especially toasted for breakfast And the ginger tea is lovely. Consider earplugs if the dogs of Dharamsala bother you barking at night...though I seemed to get used to it during the week. Internet was a bit slow but functional for email.

Room Tip: Tibetan birds or animals seemed really good
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank profd
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The best place to stay in McLeod. As clean as it gets, great service, friendly staff. I got sick when I was there and they took really good care of me. They made me special soups and ginger got tea and helped me feel bett quickly. Loved staying there.

Room Tip: Each room is hand decorated individually and differently. Choose one with a view of valley if possi...
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MazenKh
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Located halfway up a hill, bang opposite the Dalai Lama's temple complex. Great views of Mcleodganj and Dharamshala but not of the dauladhars and the Himalayas, that too only from some rooms.
Staff is very nice and friendly, but food definitely needs improvement, very inconsistent, same dish tastes different on two occasions.

• Stayed: November 2011