New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Village Resort

Holiday Village Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Gandhidham
Delhi
“Spacious feel with nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Good rooms with nice food. Lots of open space to walk around in the morning. Nice place to relax and unwind with family. Close to Bhuj and the white sand desert (Rann of Kutch) nearby. Parking space is available in plenty. Room rates are reasonable. And I got complimentary wi-fi.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank regular_trav
, General Manager at Holiday Village Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest ,

We thank you for taking the time to post a review of us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that we could meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team members . We look forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Village Resort , Gandhidham .

Warm Regards

Sanjay Routh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I visited gandhidham for almost a week to experience the culture of bhuj and see the amazing rann of kutch.

As I was coming from Australia I had no idea about the hotels in Gujarat. My preference is generally the suggested hotels in lonely planet.

But to my surprise I landed up staying at holiday village resort and found my experience to be amazing. The hotel has been given a heritage look which I absolutely enjoyed and clicked photos of. The pool, gym and a quite clean place for early morning jog was a treat to the trip.

The restaurant was clean and I suggest you must try Dahl curry at the hotel. Room service was prompt and alcohol permit shop staff helped me with getting the permit so I enjoyed a few beers with tikkas to end my long day.

I really suggest the visitors to come and enjoy at the hotel and ask the staff to arrange a tour for you.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Ranoo
, General Manager at Holiday Village Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. It was truly a great pleasure to have you here with us.
I am in receipt of your suggestions, i have told my Chef to give me a food trial of Dahi Curry - i am sure he would cook it to perfection - next time whenever you check in with us i will certainly be prepared to serve you Dahi Curry. This will really help myself & my team to perform even more better.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

i had the most wonderful stay here.i was pleasantly suprised by the large no of facilities available,keeping in mind its a small town.i particulary enjoyed the facilities available at the club like sqaush,bowling an theatre.the big bonus here was the permit shop which is rarity in gujrat.with newly renovated rooms and very warm service, a visit and stay here is highly reccomended

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank varuntandon5

Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed here for long time,rooms are not very big but cleaned.Bathrooms are big but the water is not soft water.Room service and staffs are good but the foods are good for one or 2 day staying people but not for long time stayed guest.
Overall experience ids good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your suggestion we have natural sweet water in our rooms presently but a soft water plant is in the pipeline will be done shortly. Secondly we have recruited a Chef in the kitchen who is now cooking homely food on request for our long stay guest which was a valuable suggestion.

Hospet, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

This is a huge resort in Gandhidham near to Kandla airport. You would love its greenery and the location. The service is OK but it could have been improved a lot. The rooms are OK but again in some rooms, walls were peeling off. They can improve a lot but probably in a place like Gandhidham, I am not sure of its occupancy rate.

This even has a water park and a swimming pool. It has got all the facilities of a good cluab including all sorts of outdoor and indoor games.

Gujarat bing a dry state, it also has a permit shop for the liqour. This place would specially be good for families for children.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am in receipt of your suggestions, which are extremely valuable.This will really help myself & my team to perform even more better. We are looking in to the service part and have started recruiting more professionals for the same. In the rooms the peeling of paint are no more as we have completed the renovations of more than 30 rooms & cottages.