“Mesmerising Goa, Awsome Beach Resort.”

Bogmallo Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bogmalo
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have been visiting Bogmallo Beach Resort since 2003 and have been there 4 times - firstly on official visit and thrice with family. Every time that I came here, we wanted to come back again. The cleanliness is superb, the beds are comfortable for a great sleep. The breakfast and food have variety and the local sweet, Bibinca is made with great care to ensure it is served with the authentic taste.

For vegetarians (lime me) the spread is limited and definitely needs improvement both in taste & variety.

The entire team at the resort is friendly & helpful. Even the driver who came to receive us at Madgaon Railway Station recognised us and enquired why our children did not accompany us in this trip? Evenings have a live participative band playing some good Karaoke music and you can sing along.

It is located just 4 kms from the Airport and 2 kms from the Naval Museum (worth visiting specially if you have kids with you for the vaction).

The resort has it's private sea beach, swimming pool (separately for adults & kids) taken care of by the life guard. The casino is busy with youngsters who love to play there. Then the club house has games like Carrom & Table Tennis.

For the tired soul there is the spa, where you can have a massage.

Looking forward to my next trip in 2012.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing and have an awasome view. From the front door of your hotel room, you can v...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Just come back from Goa for the first time, stayed at the Bogmallo Beach resort. On arrival at the airport was a bit strange as this an air base used for tourist and as you can expect security is very very strict. On arrival at the hotel the night manager was very helpful and the porter took us to our room. The room was fine, we stayed on the fourth floor however my advice is to try and get either the 5 or 6 floor as you can get a really good view of the setting sun and the bay which is excellent. This might be rated 5 star by Indian standards however I would put it at a 3 / 4 star. I am by no way complaining but Ive stayed at proper 5 star places and this is not quite their. The hotel is very clean everywhere and the staff walk over broken glass to assist you, albiet a bit slow sometimes, but thats Goa itself, I think. I can honestly say I never had a bad meal in any resturant / beach eatery I visited, as everything is cooked from fresh. The surf and turf at the Creek behind Joets is to die for. Bogmallo is a Goan secret because every person I met have been there many times over. You have to understand this is India and sometimes the outside space can be a bit dirty, but if you can get your head around that its a nice place. As for the money required I think you loose sight of reality because everything is so cheap, even handmade suits are only £ 90.00 each. Dont take anything niced to wear because everyone just wears shorts, flip flops and t-shirts.
The only downside from the UK to Goa is a killer, but other than that its a fine place for a decent holiday which I would recommend.

Room Tip: 5 or 6 floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Firstly, we did not stay at the property. My hubby and I were visiting Goa and were recommended Bogmallo beach b friends who had stayed here.
The beach is awesome away from the crowds of Calangute and baga. It is also not sparsely populated like some beaches down south.
We went to the hotel for dinner and it was excellent! the lobby is BEAUTIFUL! and the views from the hotel are breathtaking.
We hope to visit goa again and stay here, special thanks to the staff, the chef, waiters, very hospitable!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have been attending a conference at the Bogmallo Beach resort, Goa. We were staying in the cottages of the hotel. We found them very unconvenient and not plesant. Though the resort is on the beach and the location is good, also the main building is good, but cottages are just not ok to stay. The service there is pathetic...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I took this trip to Kasauli with my wife, looking out for some nice place to relax. The hotel is located at the Bogmalo Beach, a less crowded beach, givnig you a serene environment to relax and refresh yourself. The best part of the hotel was the view which you get from the rooms balcony. Though lower floors view is blocked by the trees but higher floors have got an lovely view. I would recommend one should book the room in 4th or higher floor for a perfect view. Besides that every evening there is a live show from local artists which is really nice. Food was OK with less non-vegetarian options, and service was very good. The staff was quite helpful in guiding us though the better locations to visit in Goa and always gave prompt responses for any house keeping needs.

Overall we had a lovely stay in Bogmallo beach Resort. I will vote it as the best hotel in Goa & Value-for-money resort. I would definitely be staying in this hotel if I go to Goa again.

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room which is situated 4th floor or above.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pranavshandilya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogmalo
24.6 km away
26.3 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#4 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Bogmallo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK