“Surprisigly different with only one negative”
Review of Sud

Sud
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant for location and from reading other reviews.

The food was nice. The pizza was traditional and yum. The gnocchi was served in a nice dish but flavour was also typical napolitana sauce.

The surprisingly differant meal was the pork with baked potatoes and greens. The presentation was pleasing to the eye but the flavours were amazing! Even my Miss fussy eater was asking to try more!

Dessert was also very flavoursome and a good portion.

Our waiter Paolo was very attentative and gracious.

The only negative aspect of the night was with the young "lady" who was taking payments. She appeared too busy with looking at her watch and chating to staff to accept my payment, even though I was standing right next to her. When she accepted my payment there was no 'thanks for coming' or ' come again'.

I was the only one paying at the time so there is no excuse for poor customer service.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Our first visit was fantastic so we decided to book our son's birthday dinner with his friends here a couple of weeks ago.

Once again, service was phenomenal & the food was stunning. Did not disappoint.

Our waiter (didn't catch his name) went out of his way to deliver a couple of meals which weren't on the menu for 2 of our young guests..which they enjoyed very much.

I highly recommend this place for their food and the level of service the wait staff provide. We had crab pasta, aranccini (entree), meatballs (entree), and a few pizzas which were all top notch meals.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I always wanted to try Sud and finally got the opportunity to enjoy lunch with family.

Being of Sicilian descent I was brought up on traditional home cooked dishes and was looking forward to what SUD had to offer.

I was definitely not disappointed as what we experienced was absolute perfection. The pasta was delicous, pizzas perfect and I ate what was probably the best tiramisu I have ever had.

Do yourself a favour and enjoy a meal at this sensational restaurant.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

And for good reason. My son’s friend and his wife are Italian and they do not recommend restaurants lightly. They are very particular. SUD on a Saturday night was jam-packed. It’s not particularly big but there is a pretty function room that would cater to a respectable sized party. We were only three.
SUD specialises in dishes from Southern Italy.
We had three antipasti, a pizza that must be close to the best pizza ever, and the signature pasta AND cannolis. Yes we were stuffed!! But Lord it was amazing.
I particularly want to commend the exceptional service. On a night when every table was full, not only was all the food delicious, the service was really wonderful.
Obviously on a Saturday night bookings are the only way to ensure a table. Don’t risk disappointment. I wonder how busy SUD is on other nights?

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I can't believe it! After making a reservation during the week, for dinner tonight and following up during the week to confirm that this was ok, I and 5 friends have just been told that they can't fit us in tonight.
Sud, you have got a reputation problem if this is how you behave with potential customers.
We won't bother trying again and, what's more, we will tell all of our friends to not bother.

4  Thank laviaggiatrice16