“Overall a very good experience”
Review of Del Mare

Del Mare
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We're in a group of five people who had lunch at this restaurant. The service was very good and friendly however the restaurant was not busy. Decided to 'splash-out' and ordered the seafood platter (which is pricey). It was more than sufficient (fresh cold seafood) and well presented. A friend ordered the entrecôte which was a good size portion, the salad was fresh and the French fries were nice and crispy. Would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Frankly, I was astonished at many of the negative reviews that I read about this restaurant, though I do note that they were all written prior to 2015. I would have no idea why they became more positive this year.

Walking into this place on a Monday in Novemeber, when there wasn't very much else open in town, we were immediately charmed by the decor in the small dining room. The meals my wife and I ate (we both took the "formule" of the day) were much more than simply good - they were truly excellent! And for the 19 Euros or so that we paid (plus a bit extra for a glass of wine and a coffee) it was a terrific value.

We went back a second time several days later, once again taking the "formule" of the day and, while it wasn't quite as outstanding as the previous lunch, it was still very, very good. It would be pointless to comment on the individual dishes we had since, obviously, they will change according to the chef's proposals for any given day. I'll just say that we were not disappointed with any of the dishes we had.

This is a small "mom and pop" operation (with some occasional outside help), with the husband the chef and his wife as hostess. The latter was extremely nice (so again, hard to imagine some previous reports about them being inhospitable)! The restaurant has some tables out front for nice weather and the view is directly on the port (from across a narrow street), so quite agreeable.

I believe the restaurant is closed from about mid-November to sometime in spring. In any case, there are plenty of other restaurants in town, though many do close out of season.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We walked around the harbour and chose this Resturant as it looked great from the outside.

The service was ok and the food was good. I would eat there again but try other places first.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Another good restaurant on the sea front with friendly staff. They offer a good selection of seafood and fish dishes and a good selection of beers and wines. Definitely one to try with good portion sizes. After an afternoon's walking, the large plate of pollack and chips was very welcome.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

The welcome wasn't as warm as perhaps we might have liked but we put that down to the language barrier. After that, though, we enjoyed the good food and service in a quaint, atmospheric restaurant. I would recommend it.