Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic views and excellent guides

Went on the long 4 hour tour with lunch. The guide was really good and knowledgable and answered... read more

Reviewed 11 July 2018
Spaedtke
Stockholm, Sweden
via mobile
Amazing experience

I joined the tour "In the footsteps of miners" and was so lucky to be the only one there... read more

Reviewed 3 March 2018
GabiZ111
Vienna, Austria

All reviews hour tour small museum great guide hotel room great visit interesting facts under ground bring a sweater meters life songs mines sights elevator possibility paths environment
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I went on the "gruvdrängen" tour with my girlfriend and it was excellent. You got to explore down to 60m below surface. It got really cold, so bring clothes enough to enjoy 2h under ground. The guide was knowledgeable and knew a lot of interesting facts. Ask about Oscar the second if you get the possibility!

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thanks for grading and reviewing us, Mikael!

The "Gruvdrängen" tour is an experience where we focus on the miners and tell their story to the mine visitor. I am happy to hear you had such a great experience underground and that you were pleased with the tour guide.

The cold temperature in the mine can be tough, sometimes. We also have 1-hour tours performed on different floors in the mine. One is the "Konstknekten" where you get "a glimpse" of the mine and get to visit the World's Deepest Suite. Another is the "Gruvstigaren" tour where learn as much as possible about the mine in an hour. And not to forget: during the summer season we also offer the 90-minute English/German special tours "Bergenstierna" and "Lillienberg".

Hope to see you soon again with us. Welcome back!

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2017

A surprise trip together with my boyfriend. Even though I was told to bring warm clothes and water-proff shoes, it was still not enough to prevent me from the cold after about two hours underground. The guide Ulla, very cute, patient, interesting and caring, whose commentaries made the trip much informative and lively. Getting deep down to 155 meters, having tomato soup, listening to echos and feeling the cold stones, it's such a mysterious trip that reminds of Game of Throne or Lord of the Ring. Anyway, highly recommended. Do take thick clothes with you!

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thanks for your great review!

This is a perfect description of our 4-hour Great Mine Tour - and I couldn't have described it better myself. I am really happy to hear you had such a great experience with us and I agree with your references to TV-series and movies - it reminds me of that, too, when I e.g. stand outside the 50-meter high chamber of Billow (not Bilbo ;) ) on the 155-meter level in our "land downunder".

Hope to see you with us soon again. Welcome back!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely little tour and everyone was very friendly!
We were the only English tourists at the end of the day so Eric gave us a private tour!!!
Make sure you take a jacket!!!

Thanks for your nice review!

It makes me happy to hear you were taken good care of. And how nice to hear about your great experience underground in the mine. And I agree: it is cold underground. The 155-meter (500-feet) level especially with its +2 C (or about +37 F).

One of the reasons for the very cold climate is probably the nearby groundwater level on that particular mining floor. The subterranean "lakes" gives us a beatuiful and very special experience, though. Hope we meet again soon at the Sala Silvermine. Welcome back!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

very interesting and special place.
Lots of interesting things to see and get told about how they did work. educational.

Thanks for your review!

I am happy to hear you found the Sala Silvermine and its surroundings interesting. At the moment we have around 25 tour and activity starts a day. Both underground and above ground in the mining area. Hope we meet again soon. Welcome back!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

During its heyday, Sala Silver Mine was counted as one of the world's five largest silver deposits. Here you will find mountain halls, mines in very well-preserved mining environments.Guides tell you about a impreeing industrial history. In the area there are craftsmen, shops and an inn. Exclusive opportunities to spend the night in the mine for those who do not fear the cost.

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks for this fine review!

And thanks for the great description of the Sala Silvermine. I couldn't have written it better myself!

The World's Deepest Suite might be experienced as somewhat costly, but we also have to remember that the price includes a nights stay underground, a private mine tour, a refreshment basket in the evening and underground breakfast in the morning - for two people.

Thanks again and I wish you welcome back to us in the future!