Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic views and excellent guides

Went on the long 4 hour tour with lunch. The guide was really good and knowledgable and answered... read more

Reviewed 11 July 2018
Spaedtke
Stockholm, Sweden
via mobile
Amazing experience

I joined the tour "In the footsteps of miners" and was so lucky to be the only one there... read more

Reviewed 3 March 2018
GabiZ111
Vienna, Austria

All reviews hour tour small museum great guide hotel room great visit interesting facts under ground bring a sweater meters life songs mines sights elevator possibility paths environment
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely little tour and everyone was very friendly!
We were the only English tourists at the end of the day so Eric gave us a private tour!!!
Make sure you take a jacket!!!

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thanks for your nice review!

It makes me happy to hear you were taken good care of. And how nice to hear about your great experience underground in the mine. And I agree: it is cold underground. The 155-meter (500-feet) level especially with its +2 C (or about +37 F).

One of the reasons for the very cold climate is probably the nearby groundwater level on that particular mining floor. The subterranean "lakes" gives us a beatuiful and very special experience, though. Hope we meet again soon at the Sala Silvermine. Welcome back!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

very interesting and special place.
Lots of interesting things to see and get told about how they did work. educational.

Thanks for your review!

I am happy to hear you found the Sala Silvermine and its surroundings interesting. At the moment we have around 25 tour and activity starts a day. Both underground and above ground in the mining area. Hope we meet again soon. Welcome back!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

During its heyday, Sala Silver Mine was counted as one of the world's five largest silver deposits. Here you will find mountain halls, mines in very well-preserved mining environments.Guides tell you about a impreeing industrial history. In the area there are craftsmen, shops and an inn. Exclusive opportunities to spend the night in the mine for those who do not fear the cost.

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks for this fine review!

And thanks for the great description of the Sala Silvermine. I couldn't have written it better myself!

The World's Deepest Suite might be experienced as somewhat costly, but we also have to remember that the price includes a nights stay underground, a private mine tour, a refreshment basket in the evening and underground breakfast in the morning - for two people.

Thanks again and I wish you welcome back to us in the future!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Myself and my wife visited Sala Silvermines when we were in Sweden in August 2016. We were met by a local guide, Caroline, that was going to take us down, 60 m, in to the mines. Caroline was very knowledgeable on the subject and spoke flawless English, to the delight of my wife, who doesn't speak any Swedish. We were taken down windy stairs to different levels of the mine. One of the first levels we got to we saw a huge hollowed out cavern. Caroline pointed out a small rock at the bottom and claimed that it was as big as a car. My usual skepticism prevented me for taking her word for it. But as we descended further in to the mines and reached additional levels, we got to get closer and closer to the rock. By the time we were at the bottom level, the rock was truly as huge as a car. The tunnels that we walked through were damp, and in places we had to walk through water. We were told that the pumps ensured that the mines remained free of water. Caroline also gave us the entire historical background to the mines, which was very interesting. At the end of the tour, we got a lift up to the surface. It felt a bit strange when we walked out of the lift and we found ourselves far away from where we had started the tour.
I can recommend this to anyone that wants to experience an adventure underground. There is also a room which you can rent to stay overnight in. We didn't try this, but it did sound interesting. If you bring children, make sure that they have waterproof footwear on, perhaps not wellies, as it can get pretty slippery on the paths and steps.

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

I am really glad to hear of your great experience in the Sala Silvermine. The perspectives underground in the mine are interesting, such as distance, volume and size. Often it can be quite hard to get a grip of the true sizes of the great cavities and the skilled tour guides always do their best to explain and compare in various pedagogic ways.

Hope to see you with us soon again on one of our four NEW TOURS, starting in April and in May. Welcome back!

Sala Silvermine

PS. I will make sure that Caroline gets to read this review, as well.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I went to the mine and took the Great Mining Tour, the longest one of the three available options which covers the levels at 60 meters and 155 meters deep and lasts for three hours. The mine ir really impressive and the guide was very friendly and showed profound knowledge of the mine leaving no question unanswered.

Andreas V, Marketing at Sala Silvergruva, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thanks for your great review, Eder!

I am happy to hear you had a great experience in the mine. The Great Mine Tour is a good option when you want to know and see the most of the Sala Silvermine. The guides really love what they do and I guess that shows during the mining tours.

From April we will upgrade the Great Mine Tour to a four-hour tour, including a soup meal underground. Hope to see you here again soon. Welcome back!

Kind regards