“Lovely pub grub!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We visited the Fox about ten years ago...obviously things have changed since then. A nice welcome and really nice (properly trained) table service. We had the burger which was tasty and had a decent salad garnish and great chips, hubby had the gammon with egg and pineapple and declared it good too. This is good pub grub and an excellent midweek supper pub for us. Really glad we decided to try it out. Service for paying the bill a little slow but all in all very good indeed.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We called in for lunch on our way to Thursford and although the pub was very busy with Christmas lunches we were welcomed and offered a table next to the open fire and near to the Christmas tree. Just perfect. We both chose the fillet steak and it was the best we had ever had in the UK. I cannot recommend this pub highly enough and would go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Visited with friends once again. Great food, good wine and fantastic atmosphere! Accurate, attentive service. Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We visited The Fox in the summer and were looking forward to returning, we were not disappointed. First class food, convivial atmosphere, lively and fun place, as evidenced by how busy they are. Tables are nicely spaced apart and the service is exemplary. Can't wait to return. Recommend booking in advance to ensure a table.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

One of my favorite places. This is a Charles Wells pub and the Bombardier bitter is very good. Other than that not one of my first choices for pub restaurants based on beer however it is a firm favorite when it comes to food. My wife loves calves liver and bacon and this place makes the best. I enjoy it too but also love steak which is also very good. The accompanying potatoes and other vegetables are also varied so you don't just get chips or mash, you might get dauphinoise potatoes or something else that's different but tasty.
They offer free Wifi but I have never managed to get it to work. You need a code from O2 and I can never get the phone signal to receive it. Perhaps others in different networks may have more luck. I am on Three.