“Billingsgate night”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were treated to dinner here by some close friends - it turned out to be Billingsgate Night (maybe once a month?) with a lavish menu of fresh fish from Dover Sole to Whitebait with everything in between. Simply stunning.

1  Thank David-from-CT

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here as we were hungry and I am glad we did.
Bar staff was very friendly on arrival.
We ordered drinks and food at the bar then ventured outside to sit in the large sun filled garden. It was lovely and sunny and very tranquil and quiet even though there were lots of people.
Food came and was piping hot large portion size and tasted lovely!
Would recommend the seafood linguine and lamb shank.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My wife and I have visited this pub for Sunday lunch many times over recent years and always enjoy the food, service and atmosphere. We found ourselves there again last week for a weekday lunch and took my daughter with us, She has a learning disability and can sometimes be uninterested in her food and get bored/restless but the seafood linguine we chose for her had little time on the plate she found it so delicious. My wife and I had sea bass and Dover respectively, both of which were excellent. I've eaten all sorts of dishes at the Fox, but I'd say their forte is really fish dishes.

We'll be back regularly until they serve me a dead squirrel, but if they did, It'd probably be cooked well!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Called in for lunch today. Went for traditional fish and chips with extra side salad. Delicious ! Staff are friendly and helpful and the food and drink prices are not excessive. Will definitely visit again for dinner as there is a tempting looking mixed grill on the menu........

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Saw this pub on the way home from our bank holiday weekend. Popped in for lunch all the staff were polite and efficient. We both had fish and chips which was cooked lovely but were not keen on the chips although we ate them. I presume they were triple cooked and they tasted a bit burnt. We did not stay that long as we wanted to be on our way but it seemed a nice place.