This is a hotel with a bit of effort actually might be ok. On a positive note if you are a diver with Emperor Divers the location is perfect right in front of the hotel. The rooms are of a good size, clean, comfortable think 3 star. Shower decent. If you are here for the diving request rooms in 700's .There is no Wifi in rooms and limited near bar/reception.
There are 2 good size pools nice view of Port Ghalib which is accessible by water taxi every hour. There is a small beach 10 minute walk away with toilet and refreshments however rocks make it uncomfortable walking into sea.
There are no lifts so if you have mobility issues you need to request ground floor room.
We were allocated a room on 1st floor initially overlooking the bar. The noise level from the entertainment was horrendous and went on to the early hours and despite complaints no effort to turn down music in fact it was turned up which seemed only to the benefit of the 2 over enthusiastic entertainment staff who were trying to get people up dancing and only ones dancing were small children.
We were moved but reluctantly the next day.
There is a total indifference with the staff, is a smile too much to ask? The food is as other reviews have mentioned is at best basic, hot food is cold always despite the false hope of a heated containers, food choice is limited and for vegetarians you are going to be disappointed, food is bland, tasteless. Breakfast offers you best hope with made to order omelettes the pastries look tempting but sadly stale same thing with desert in the evening . With all the poor reviews one wonders what it will take for the food and beverage manager to actually do something about it. We were a group of 6 divers and been before but unfortunately unlikely to come back again.
Such a shame the location is great but there needs to be an overhaul on the food and some customer service training or staff would not go amiss
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Lodge at Port Ghailb offers 201 rooms, where guests can feel at home in one of the many beautifully appointed, Nubian-styled rooms, while enjoying the picturesque garden or Marina view from their own private balcony or terrace. All rooms feature the following facilities: • 24 hours service • Hairdryer • Satellite TV • Individually controlled air conditioning • International direct dial telephone • Voltage 220 V • Dressing table • Internet access (With Charge) Contact Reception • Adaptor • Walk in shower • Mini bar • Safe • Sofa RESTAURANTS & BARS Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib offers a choice of restaurants and bars with superb views of Port Ghalib International Marina in addition to an extensive 24 hour room service menu. • Indigo: Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style. • 50 Bar:An indoor / outdoor bar provides daily entertainment and a wide variety of beverages. WITH EXTRA CHARGES • Shark Bites: A poolside snack bar • Viz: A rooftop terrace serving a wide variety of beverages • Shisha Corner: A romantic open-air venue offering flavored tobaccos, hot and cold Egyptian drinks. SPORTS & RECREATION • Private beach • 2 large swimming pools on two levels • Gymnasium • Large sun terrace • Sauna and massage • 5-Stars PADI registered diving operator • 3 meters diving pool for beginner, intermediate and advanced diving courses on site and dive lectures. • Dive Shop • Kayaking, windsurfing, parasailing and wake-boarding 15 minutes from the hotel). Thank you for choosing Marina Lodge At Port Ghalib and wishing you pleasant stay with us. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Lodge At Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Marina Hotel Marsa Alam
- Marina Hotel At Port Ghalib