Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib(Port Ghalib)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 52
  • Beachfront
US$ 152
US$ 136
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Grand Resta(Marsa Alam)
US$ 172
US$ 167
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jaz Dar El Madina(Marsa Alam)
US$ 306
US$ 210
Jaz Solaya(Marsa Alam)
US$ 231
US$ 226
Orbitz.com
Jaz Lamaya Resort(Marsa Alam)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 228
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Samaya Resort(Marsa Alam)
US$ 229
TripAdvisor
US$ 178
US$ 169
Priceline
US$ 96
  • Pool
All reviewsahmed fathyfridge freezerbeach barwashing machineaqua parkanimation teammarsa alamshort walk to the beachgreat holidaydrinks waiterfishover christmasthomas cookan upgradeexcellent resortbar managerroom key
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We wanted winter sun, short flight & all inclusive. That's what we got. The hotel is basic & the rooms large, it had all the amenities necessary for a basic holiday.
We had a couple of minor issues which were rapidly resolved. The food was also basic although there was a themed night & there were other restaurants offering additional menus which we chose not to use.
The bar service in the evening was slow to the point the drinks didn't arrive at all & I had to go to the bar myself, which is ok but they insist that the drinks are delivered to you.
On the whole it was value for money with a very good gym.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meejeington
Irina R, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Meejeington ,

Thank you so much indeed for your valued review , we are sorry that we did not met all your expectations , please be sure that all your decent feedback will be take to our consideration so that we can work on it and improve in your next holiday with us

looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights at the Sunrise Marina resort before I went on on a dive boat for the week. Just by dumb luck the boat I was booked on moored right in front of the hotel. The website stated that there was a 24 hour airport shuttle to the hotel. There isn’t. I called from the airport and was told to take a taxi. The “taxi Mafia” at the airport were quite pleasant but not budging on a high price for the seven minute ride to the hotel. Don’t know if there is any way around this but it was still frustrating to start the day in Marsa Alam this way. Front desk clerk was very helpful and was happy to check me in early before the official 2:00 pm check-in time. All the staff were very friendly from the housekeeping staff to the gym attendant. My room was very comfortable and there was a safe to keep passports, etc in. My room wi-fi didn’t work and though the front desk said they would install a “box”, that never eventuated although I could log on to another room occasionally. The strongest most consistent wi-fi was in the common area in the hotel lobby but a bit frustrating not have have a good signal in the room. Buffet meals were good and I went for the internal Egyptian restaurant one night which was very well done. Great service. One morning I left very early for the trip to Luxor and the hotel provided a box breakfast. Was mostly white bread rolls and sweet pasties which is hard to stomach any time of the day. I understand this is pretty typical for the hotel boxed breakfasts so don’t expect a culinary delight if you go on an early day trip. The hotel beach is a short walk away and seemed well organised although I didn’t swim off the beach so I can’t comment too much. Since I was there alone I spent time at the pool located in the hotel courtyard. Service was attentive and friendly. All in all a good relaxing place to stay for a couple of days while I waited for my dive trip to begin. If they sort out the wi-fi my rating would go up one level.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear AdelaideBazza ,

Thank you so much indeed for your positive review , We are happy to know that we enjoyed with us during your last stay at SUNRISE marina , please be assured that all your valued feedback will be take into our consideration
looking forward the pleasure to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My Partner and I stayed for 1 week 26/2/18 - 5/3/18 in room 1208 it was huge ! When I say room it was an apartment, large bedroom with en suite bathroom, separate shower room, kitchen with fridge freezer,washing machine and cooker, dining area,large lounge which led to a huge balcony overlooking the marina.
The hotel was spotless and all members of staff without exception were helpfull and polite, nothing was too much trouble. A special mention to Ahmed Fathy (front office manager) Sayeed (beach supervisor) thank you for finding my sundress that I left on the beach and returning it to me but most of all to the most hardworking of all the staff in our opinion Mohamed Shahat from the beach bar, he must have walked miles bringing people drinks to their sun beds.
Food is what you would expect in an AI hotel, plenty of choice and freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast for 30LE, the beach bar served a good selection for lunch and even had a Mr Whippy machine,
For the first time ever in a hotel we did not use the pools as the snorkelling from the beach was amazing. No need to have a boat trip to snorkel, just take 5 steps into the sea up to your knees then it drops and the coral reef is gorgeous, so many fish.Life guards on the beach and to protect the coral.
Can’t comment on the evening entertainment as we didn’t go to any, preferring to have a quiet drink in the bar or our balcony.
All guests are invited to a meeting held weekly by the General Manager to raise any concerns and make suggestions, managers are always asking for ways in which the hotel can be improved and to make sure you are enjoying your stay.
All in all we had an amazing holiday so much so within 24 hours of returning home we had booked up to return in November but this time for 2 weeks.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank loopychyp
Irina R, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Loopychyp ,

Thank you so much indeed for your great review , Its make our staff pride , for sure we will send your comment to the concerned department so that they can work on it and improve it in the future

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon !

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Just got back from our holiday. We had a wonderful time the hotel is in a great location right by the port with lots of shops so you have somewhere to walk in the evening. The room we had was the size of a small semi with fridge freezer and dining area. the bedroom was a good size also. The food was good and we found had enough to chose from. the two a al cart dining rooms had great food book both if you have a chance. The only issue we had was the service was slow at times but that could be sorted very quickly by getting bigger glasses for beer. The problem seem to be people ordered their drinks and before the waiter walked away they ordered again. Bar service may also help but the hotel are trying to offer something they haven't got right just yet. We found the staff are wonderful and really try to help they will do all they can to make your stay a good one. We are going back next year and I know we will have a great time

Stayed: February 2018
4  Thank philip G

Dear Philip G ,

Thank you so much for your positive review , Please be assured that we will send your valued comments to the concerned department so that we can work on in , Improve it in the future

looking forward to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We arrived home late last night from Sunrise Marina, Port Ghalib. We enjoyed the holiday and the weather was fantastic. However the hotel, after previously being self contained apartments, offers a disjointed approach to providing for it’s guests. The resort is promoted as a 5 star resort but at best it s a 3 star. The standard of food is mediocre at best, the wait for drinks was often 30 minutes and some staff were very rude if guests went to the bar to ask about their orders. I witnessed one particular member of staff at the main bar who was very disrespectful and downright rude to female guests. There was no need for it and he needs to work behind the scenes away from the guests. When they arrived glasses were half full and they often ran out of beer for an hour or more. Many guests complained about the service and there was a meeting to discuss the issues with managers. There did seem to be some improvement towards the end of the week and a new member of the bar staff was particularly good. We asked him how he had found his first shift and he said that the organization wasn’t good. We all said that we know!

Staff training on the bar with their attitude and more organization of the ordering process as the waiters didn’t seem to know where to take orders and when we went to the bar we saw many slips of paper scattered everywhere so it’s not surprising that no one knows what orders to do first.
All bars ran out of beer most days and the hotel wasn’t busy so they would struggle f there were more guests. It was as if the drinks were being rationed.
The quality of the food needs to be improved and it is more like a school canteen At meal times.

To finish on a positive we enjoyed some winter sun, we met some lovely people, the location is great, with some attention to detail could make it a decent 3 star.

I do hope the management take on board the views of the guests as it has the making of a lovely hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tiggywinkle414

Dear Tiggywinkle ,

Thank you so much for bringing this valued review , Of course serious action will be take by the management , We apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us , we hope that you choose us again in order to show you our highest level of service quality

looking forward to welcoming you back again soon !