All reviews aqua park beach bar ahmed fathy great holiday fridge freezer animation team washing machine general manager over christmas short walk to the beach a la carte restaurants marsa alam main restaurant thomas cook fish bar manager aqua pool
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We visited Sunrise Marina Resort in order to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. While checking in at the reception desk, we were given a free room upgrade. What a lovely surprise to have a large suite room with a sea view and 2 bathrooms!!! We had also a nice room decoration (based on my previous request via facebook, for free) with a fruit basket and some fizzy drinks in the minibar. Water (2x0,6l) was filled in everyday, this was a standard for all the rooms. Hotel is modern, new and luxurious.
Beach - it is very close to the hotel, approx. in 5 minute walk on the promenade. There is a beach bar serving drinks + meals and ice-cream, so we had our salad there everyday. There are perfect conditions for snorkeling, just be careful while entering the sea. There are many fish species to be seen and I managed to see a turtle once indeed! Service is perfect, attentive and bringing drinks repetively even to your sunbed. We just wanted to walk on the beach, but the security didn´t allow us to walk away our resort. It was a shame, because they (Siva Resort I guess) could enter our beach. This is not all right!
Food - there is everything for everyone. I eat healthy and I am a vegetarian, but I had always a great variety to choose from (vegetables, fruit - I loved fresh dates, cheese variety, fish, etc.), no matter if in the main buffet restaurant, or in a´la carte restaurants, where we also ate (in fact it is 1 restaurant now with 2 different menus, necessary to book prior via PC screen in lobby). Maybe I was only missing ice-cream for diner in the main restaurant, but it is a minor detail. Also, there could have been a music background (e.g. oriental music) in the public areas-restaurants etc., I didn´t hear it much and I would like that in fact.
Animation team - funny, amusing and great team, talking to people, but never making any pressure if you don´t want to participate any game. They arranged always a nice programme and shows in the evenings. For me it was the friendliest animation team that I have ever met and I travel abroad 3 times/year! So big applause for them.
Neverthless, I have to say that staff in general is very nice, polite, trying to make all your wishes to come true. They care about people, asking whether they need anything, really nice and family hotel! I made a request to stay until 14:15 in the day of our departure and it was possible and for free. Thank you very much Guest Relation team, also for arranging us already mentioned room upgrade and decoration.
There is a Wi-Fi connection running quite smoothly everywhere, no matter if in bars, restaurants, rooms, even on the beach. And for free, so it is a big plus.
It is good to mention that hotel is situated in Port Ghalib marina, that is a pretty new tourist area. There are many shops and bars/restaurants around, so it was always a nice walk after a diner, having a shisha a few times there (I liked Sultan Restaurant a lot).
While checking out of hotel, I was told to pay 115 Egyptian lira = 7 EUR to make 2 towels dirty. I was quite surprised as it hasn´t ever happed to me, but ok I can accept that if it is included in hotel rules. But at the same time I was told to pay another 75 Eg. lira to have damaged the floor, but it was not true! I refused it and honestly this was the most negative moment for me within the whole stay. Despite this I can say following: I have been to Egypt for the 4th time now, but I can honestly say, that this resort is definitely the best one. We were pampered the whole stay and everything was flawless. If you still hesitate to go there, I can sincerely say, that this beautiful new hotel is more than worth visiting and you will be satisfied, because everybody will do his best to make your holiday 100% perfect and enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivona P
Irina R, Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Ivona, Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your recent holiday with us at Sunrise Marina Resort. Your feedback is very important to us and it is very much appreciated. Thank you for the wonderful comments in regards to our beach, room decoration, variety of food, animation team. Sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding 75 l.e. As per hotel policy you were asked to pay for two damage towels (50 l.e. for small towel and 75 l.e. for bath towel) which you did, so as a result no additional fees were required. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are very happy that your wedding anniversary was memorable.
The Hotel Management.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Animation team were very active, organized, friendly and arranged a great night parties
nice beach, see view, amazing coral reef ,lovely food with a lot of variety very organised staff especially Hani,every second is ready to help, very smiley and professional guy

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Idil, Thanks for sharing your experience of Sunrise Marina Resort. It sounds like we have made a great impression on you and exceeded your expectations with our heartfelt service and perfect animation program. We are glad you could truly relax and enjoy. We would love to have you back again, hopefully soon. The hotel management.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Huge territory and suites with kitchens and balconies, sometimes they have problems with water and electricity. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
No wifi in the room at all (but promised) and very poor in the lobby

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Irina R, Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear Poleff, Thank you for taking your time to write a review. It's very important for us to take all comments in consideration and improve our hotel service. For the entire team it is essential that our guests leave the hotel happy. We are all looking forward to welcome you soon again!
Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Thanks Sunrise Marina Resort for the great time my family had, Housekeeping was great my family was satisfied and happy with the great service in our beautiful room
It was really unforgettable experience, Food was very good and special thanks for the chef of the Italian food who was professional and friendly, The beach was awesome, me and my son enjoyed snorkeling, bar was nice, my daughter was very happy with the animation team, everyone was really happy, again special thanks for the housekeeping that made our stay very comfortable..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mahmoud21
Irina R, Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Mahmoud, we thank you very much that you have been our guests and you obviously enjoyed your holiday a lot with us at Sunrise Marina Resort.
For the entire team it is very important that our guests leave the hotel happy and with lots of great memories and experiences. For this all our employees give their best in the service.
We thank you once again for your nice review and for the praise of our HK team and send you warm greetings.
We are all looking forward to welcome you soon again at your second home. The hotel management.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

i had one if the best vacations ever... everything was more the perfect. the room was neat and clean. the weather was great , the beach and pool the aqwa pool everything was perfect. staff and animation team was so friendly and helpful . the resturant chef is awesome each day different types of food with alot of varieties . at night there were 100 store which u can buy your souvenirs. you can make diving and snorkling as well from the beach . thank u sunrise marina staff for this wonderful vacation. sure ill be back soon :)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ingy A
Irina R, Manager at Sunrise Marina Resort Port Ghalib, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Ingy,
We are very happy that you had chosen our hotel for your holiday!
Our primary aim is guest satisfaction, and it is very rewarding to see that we had successfully created an unforgettable holiday experience. Having this kind of review empowers us to continue providing our heartfelt hospitality that we are renowned for.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful insights and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the nearest future.
The Hotel Management.