I stayed here for the night. Very roomy comfortable rooms, this is a former monastery. They have great food and it is very quiet and peaceful. Ideal for couples or getting away from city sounds. Service is pretty nice, almost personalized. Elevator is small. For guests in wheelchair, the staff try to relocate in lower floor rooms and place ramps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parador rises up on the original Hospital of St. John the Baptist and the Colegio de los Infantes , artistic historical buildings from the 15th century. A passing home for pilgrins and soldiers, in 1965 it adopted this objetive for the Network of Paradors.The eye-catching orchard which constitutes the garden its secluded swimming pool, colonnades and White walls , are in harmony with the spacious romos of the interior, the bedrooms of which recall the religious function of its origins. The capacity is precisely one of the fundamental attractions which the Guadalupe,Altamira and Mirabel romos reflect; although the wooden terraces, balconies and courtyard with portico reflect the quietness of its appearance. The simple local cooking is delicious, with representative dishes such as "bacaloa monacal" (cod, potatoes and spinach), "ajo blanco extremeno" (cold garlic soup), "migas extremenas" (fried breadcrumbs), "pollo a lo padre Pedro"(chiken),Iberian sausages, lamb stew, chestnut pudding and "muegado de Guadalupe"(fried sweet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Parador de Guadalupe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Guadalupe Hotel Guadalupe
- Parador De Hotel Guadalupe