All reviews excellent hotel sun loungers long time upgraded to a suite couple of days olive oil exploring provence st remy heaven pools treatment heart village terrace du cotes edge
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We came here for my 50th - as a treat of a long weekend. The B design hotel is very modern and great design. Our room was lovely and the bathroom huge - in fact we had a faux tree in our shower! the bed was especially comfy and gorgeous soft linen. I took a facial in the spa and a lovely lady who took the time to personalise my treatment. I hadn't booked breakfast and in the end we didn't take as 21euro per person, so quite pricey and after big meals out the night before it wasn't really needed! I was a little frustrated by the fact that you also have to pay to use the spa at 30 euro per person. I feel if you have booked to stay at a spa hotel then being able to use the general areas as part of that booking should be the case. I was allowed to use it when I had my treatment but then having paid 95 euro's for a facial I didn't want to wash all the lotions off my face in the steam room/sauna. My husband used the gym which had good facilities and that wasn't chargeable. It's a lovely hotel, small and easily walk into Mausanne, where I do recommend La Vanille cafe for dinner. Overall very nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Vanessa B, Directeur général at Hotel B Design & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Martyjojo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the totality of your stay with us.
It's with great pleasure to learn that you liked our rooms as well as all other facilities we offer.
Your comment regarding our staff has been passed along and is greatly appreciated.
We truly hope of having the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.
Kind regards,

Vanessa Bourguignon
Directrice

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The hotel, the food, the service all is A+. Heaven as devil is the details and here everything is great, but the food is A++. Pricey yes but a real experience! One of the best olive oil ever tasted. Everything was really, really good.

Room Tip: Try to eat there.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Vanessa B, Directeur général at Hotel B Design & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Such a real pleasure to read your comment about your stay in B design.
Many thanks for the time you spent writing it and explain your epecience.
We really look forward to welcoming you for your next visit in b design.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel in a very rural part of France
Beautiful rooms and very comfortable
The shower was something out of this world
The staff very friendly and spoke English
A beautiful relaxing stay and wish we could have stayed longer
Not to be missed

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of the greatest places we ever stayed at: excellent rooms, exquisite food a wondeful garden with two great pools, a very cosy atmosphere even between hotel guests: my wife and I enjoyed our trip immensely ... our eldest daughter was crying as soon as we hit the car to drive back home. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the B-Design Hotel for a week at the end of July. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is 10-15 minutes walk to Maussane where there are several great restaurants and places to have a drink.

I had booked a room only through booking.com and then got a better deal through Expedia for a better rate which included breakfast so I contacted the hotel directly and they matched the rate.

The hotel consists of the main building which houses the restaurant and reception and swimming pool facilities. There is a separate building which appears to have been recently built which is where is our suite was and where the spa was. The room was fabulous. It was a large double room with adjacent lounge area. Everything was really modern, really spacious. The bathroom was fabulous with a great shower. The adjacent lounge area was spacious with the coffee and tea making facilities. We also had a little terrace with two sun loungers which was nice to relax in the evening or after retiring from dinner at night. It didn't really have a view but it was lovely

We arrived late on our first night and had dinner in the restaurant. The terrace where the food was served was really lovely. The food was also lovely but quite expensive for what we got, however a lovely experience

Breakfast was served every morning from 7.30-10am. There was plenty choice of breads, cereals, fruit, scrambled eggs etc. It was beautiful sitting out on the terrace overlooking the pool. I asked for poached eggs one day and they didn't seem to know what I was asking for. I got them a long time later and they weren't cooked properly so I stuck to the scrambled eggs after that.

Every night we went out for dinner in Maussane. It was a short 10minute walk from the hotel and lovely to not have to drive. There are a great selection of restaurants and we had lovely meals every night in a different restaurant. Maussane is a lovely little town with a main square that has lots of outdoor bar/food areas. There is a lovely feel and buzz to the town with lots of French families and couples. It never seemed over-run with tourists

We did three day trips. One to Baux de Provence, a second to St Remy and a third to Les Arles. All were within 15-30 mins drive from the hotel so it's a great base for exploring the region.

We spent a couple of days by the pool. The pool is fantastic and great for swimming lengths. I loved it. We used the gym several times also. It's a little small with no natural light as it's in the basement but it has all the machines you would want.

Overall a truly fantastic week. The hotel and facilities are fantastic. Very modern trendy and luxurious. It's in a great location with Maussane a short walk away and a great base if you want to explore the surrounding region

Definitely recommend!