“Amazing cuisine in a charming setting”

The Ancestor Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Nyaungshwe
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 6
Description: You will explorer the traditional foods and we focusing the grand mother recipie. We would love to preserve all the tradition foods. You will find the fabulous taste of the foods and experiences to our home cooked set menu and the taste of innthar ethnic food.Plz try here a meal with heart .
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The vegan / vegetarian options are plentiful and that's why I chose this place to start with: what can I say ? They deliver. I had the best (local) tofu curry I've ever had anywhere in the world, served with a side of spicy peanuts and coconut rice. The staff is really super nice (but isnt that always the case in this country?), they made me feel at home, which is important when you dine alone. They made my second gin-tonic a double without me asking. So yeah. 5 stars, hands down.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant offers a great choice of food at a good price. But what is the best is the service. It is a restaurant with one the best service we had in Myanmar. They speak perfect english. I took a tee leaf salad but it was quite special and I could not eat it because it was too salty for me. The waitress was so disappointed that I did not like and she said many times that she was sorry and offered to give me another salad. At the end they remove that meal from the bill, even if they were not responsible ! My husband was very happy with his choices, and the deserts were great and well presented. I totally recommend that restaurant!

Date of visit: March 2018
poepoeei, Owner at The Ancestor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Marion,

I would love to say thank you very much for yr lovely comments here and thanks again for yr giving us the chance to refix us. That's very kind of y.

We are beyoind happy to host y here and thanks for yr stop here.

We wishing y a very happy myanmar new year and all the best of best of business for both of y.

Plz let us know if y r coming again inle and looking much to see y again.

Fondly Regards,
The team

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Went with my wife this evening to this family run authentic restaurant. The interior decoration is very nice with a great 1st floor open balcony seating area and an extremely friendly staff. The kitchen is inspired on the mothers'cooking passion build up over many years (this dynamic 72 year old came to great us) and run by the children. One of the daughters (Ma That That) gave us full explenations and showed a very nice cooking book with pictures of the family over the years). We had a great evening, food was delicious (vegetables from the organic farm) and would strongly recommend to go there whenever around at Inle Lake.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at this restaurant, a bit pricey, as we tend to eat in more local street food vendors, but we werent feeling so great and they brought us hot ginger tea, wonderful. Grandmas banana cake was the speciality of the day so we tried it - not what we expected but it was ok. I would recommend this for good lunch and dinner choices if you are wanting a clean option that is a bit westernized. That said, they will spice the food like a local restaurant if you want it.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner there the other day and we both had Shan Noodle Soups (vegetable choice) and it was so incredibly tasty!
Also the service is outstanding!
Definitely gonna go back before we move to another city.
Enjoy the food