Red Mountain Estate Vineyards & Winery
Review Highlights
Great views, so-so wine, not cheap

Not expensive but not cheap (wine 15,000-22,000 khat/bottle... wine tasting, four wines, for... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
meekiejo
Calgary, Canada
via mobile
Great spot to spend an afternoon

Other reviewers who understand wine have said it all but need to realise they cannot expect decent... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Chris W
Canberra, Australia

All reviews wine tasting sauvignon blanc different wines nice wine bike ride watch the sunset nice location per glass inle lake tasting area cheese plate great sunset tuk tuk worth a trip shan state rose winemaker
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Taken on a winery tour prior to tasting. The tasting was well presented with 4 different wines and 8 glasses. The wine maker is from France and has set up 50 acres of vines.
We had dinner out on the deck overlooking the valley and watched the sunset. The food was A1 as was the staff. Of course a bottle of Red from the tasting accompanied our meal. Would recommend booking it was quite busy.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

OK. The surrounding is great! Fantastic view, nice climate. I had a nice service as well. When it comes to the vine... well... I cannot say it is the best vine I ever had. Definitely not fitted for the consumers from the European vine regions - mostly south Europeans, but HEY, let's give them a credit! I am glad I tasted Burmese vine and I enjoyed the moment!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Good value for money. Lovely service nice view for sunset. You get to taste 4 wines, 2 white and 2 red. There are descriptions to explain each wine. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Suzie and I decided to visit the winery and go by Tuk Tuk. The price was MMK15000 about £7.70 return and the driver would wait for us while we were there. This was organised by the hotel so I presume they had their cut in the price. The wine tasting cost MMK5000 each (£2.70) and there were 2 reds (2014 Syrah and 2015 Shiraz/Tempranillo) and 2 whites (2011 Muscat and 2016 Sauvignon Blanc) with a small plate full of peanuts. We sat on a terrace overlooking a very pleasant part of the estate and did our tasting. Not for the serious wine buff but nice enough. All done and dusted we found our driver and went back to town. A great Tuk Tuk ride into the countryside was a bargain.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is a really fun stop to make while at Inle Lake. We did the wine tasting and although the wine was not very good, the scenery around the winery is so beautiful and completely worthwhile to visit.