Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Eurostars Isla de La Toja(Isla de la Toja)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
Agoda.com
Hotel Maruxia(O Grove)(Great Value!)
US$ 49
  • Restaurant
US$ 43
  • Restaurant
Hotel Isolino(O Grove)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
Montemar(O Grove)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amandi(O Grove)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot disheslittle bitsea wateryogurtbaconlovely hotelset menulucky with the weatherla tojawaiterhourportfurniturewineriesspaattentionviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Lovely hotel, quiet,large bedroom and bathroom with shower and seperate bath. Beautiful sea views. Ecellent breakfast in dining room overlooking the bay and watched the cockle pickers at work! Our stay was to celebrate my birthday and my husband got a great deal B&B. The thalasotherapy centre was a bit pricey but we did use the small gym.
The second day, a short walk to O Grove port and we hired electric bikes from Monica at the bus station and rode around O Grove which was brilliant. We rode down to Playa Lanzada which is a spectacular beach of about 2.5km long.
The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Our stay could not have been better as we were lucky with the weather too!

Stayed: March 2017
Louxo La Toja H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Lisette H,

We want to be grateful for taking your time sending us this comment about your stay and for sharing it with the community of users of TripAdvisor. We are deeply glad you enjoyed your experience in our hotel and nothing would please us more than welcome you again on your next trip.

Best Regards,

Public Relations Louxo & Talaso La Toja Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I loved it.

Located on the Island of La Toja, this means great views all around. Parking was right outside the hotel (although in busy periods it might not be enough ?). There's a casino next door.

Staff were friendly and efficient. Room was very spacious, with a sofa, two chairs, and a coffee table. Furnishings were not nice and looked well maintained. Medium sized flat screen with all inputs (had one English speaking channel - BBC), and a desk and chair. BBC. Wifi worked fine.

Beds were large and comfortable, room had enough storage space, also had a safe. Bathroom was large. Heating turned off during the day, though - little bit cold in January.... Large picture windows, room was brightly lit. Can't really ask for more...

Breakfast was amazing - let down a little bit by a limited selection of hot dishes, there was a huge selection of breads, cheeses, cold cuts, fresh fruit, some vegetables, yoghurt, cereals, even fresh orange juice.

Good value for money (off-season). Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Top marks !

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Louxo La Toja H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear Danno_99,

Best Regards,

Talaso Louxo La Toja Hotel

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I do have a problem now days with star ratings in hotels. Mainly because many of them do not live to the expectations of the rating. I also wonder who gives those stars and what sort of pre-requisite does the hotels needs to have to deserve them?!

In this case, I think this is more of a great three star than a four. And I base my humble opinion on my recent experience there.

We stayed at the Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja at the end of September. And having read the reviews in Tripadvisor and other places we decided to give it a go. I also chose it because I was intrigued by the sea water spa or Talaso how the Spaniards call it. And I wanted to treat my mother to a relaxing spa. So, this hotel fitted the bill perfectly.

The spa facilities are pretty good and the staff that looks after your treatments are very professional and helpful. They also have a doctor onsite that will give you free advice on health issues. And price wise their treatments are more less similar to the UK, but the difference is that they are based on sea water. I definitely recommend that you have a mud treatment and a partial massage. And then enjoy the seawater pool and Jacuzzi.

As many of the reviewers here, we found the staff was absolutely superb in their service. They were very courteous and professional. However, there wasn’t that much attention to details and that’s brings me to a 3-star rating rather than the 4 they claimed.

For instance, at the bar we asked for a second glass of wine. We asked a different waiter than the one that served us initially. And that waiter never brought our drinks, and after a while it went to another station so we have to asked the original waiter for the wine. And the waiter never came around to see if we wanted something else o were OK with drinks.
And we had similar experience in the restaurant too. So, there was a little bit of lack of communication between waiters. Or shall I say each had their own area and wouldn’t look after their colleague’s?

This brings me to the food at the hotel. The buffet breakfast was inclusive in the price and was very comprehensive. It had plenty of choice of fruits, bakery, cereals, regional cheese and Spanish charcuterie. As well as, your bacon, eggs and sausages so, we Brits should feel right at home ha ha ha Coffee was good although it could have been better and I can’t comment on their tea as we are coffee drinkers.

Now, the food at the restaurant was average for this four stars. We tried on our first night both from à la carte menu and the set menu.

For starters there were no octopus, they ran out of it. Why keep something on the menu that you don’t have?

We asked for mainly fish and I had a cod with sea urchin sauce and potatoes. It should have been a delightful dish but the chef killed it. The cod was full of bones. Clearly, they didn’t take any out of the fish. This shows a very lazy kitchen staff that’s not a 4 start rating. And the dish over all was very salty, and so heavy that the delicate taste of the sea urchin was all but lost.

This upset me. As I can’t stand a chef that have great ingredients, then makes a mockery of a dish. I did speak to the maître d’ in the restaurant and his explanation was that some of the clients didn’t mind the bones because that meant to them that the fish was fresh?

Now, I don’t mind a bone here and there but this was bordering on someone chocking on a bone while eating then it would have been a total different matter altogether for the hotel.

Also, the price of the food is not competitive taking into account that if you drive 15 min, you will find better restaurants, at a better price. So, overall is not good value for money! And we avoided eating at their restaurant for rest of our stay there. There is great food on offer and great restaurants in Galicia so, why bother with an overpriced restaurant where the food is not anywhere near 4 stars?

I also found their wine list a bit short of options. Especially on the Rías Baixas region selection. Spain is a great wine producer and Rías Baixas has a lot to offer. From great whites to local varieties reds. Come on people, this is lazy!! The hotel is situated in a great wine region. It even offers tours to wineries, why not offer the variety the wine region has to offer to the clients. Shouldn’t you be doing that on a 4 stars’ hotel?

I would have liked a more comprehensive wine list with wines for each sub region and a brief description on their taste notes. And when we ordered our food there was no recommendation from the staff as to which wine would have gone better with our food. I would have expected that on a 4-star hotel.

Moving onto the hotel rooms and overall décor. It is generally a bit dated and it does need redecoration. I will strongly suggest to the management of the hotel to invest in good mattresses for their beds. We found the beds uncomfortable and bed linen was not great either. Also, the furniture in the room had their mark of time and wear. The hotel does need a good makeover to make it more appealing and comfortable to clients. It has a great location and beautiful views over to the sea. But lacks in some comforts.

The guest at the hotel were mainly Spaniards and mostly retirees. We are bilingual so this was not a problem for us and mum is not exactly young (she will kill me if for calling her old ha ha ha). They were quite fun and sociable. After all you go on holidays to get away from it all including your own people ha ha ha
But the point I am trying to make here is that this is not a hotel if you are in your teens and twenties and you want to party. This is more on the slowdown and pampering side of it. If you like me have a very hectic job and you just want to read a book, relax, have a glass of wine and while you are at it have a massage too. Then this place is for you!

So, overall not such a bad experience. It is not perfect! And not a four stars! And there is a lot of room for improvement here. But I would still recommend it for anyone to stay. And if you are visiting Santiago de Compostela, then venture down and explore the beautiful country that it is Galicia. Isla de la Toxa is a great place to relax. To the management of the hotel, do please get NEW mattresses!

Stayed: September 2016
Louxo La Toja H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Mr. Rai,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We genuinely appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and we sincerely thank you for your kind words about us, specially the ones about our staff.

If you wish you can vist our Facebook Fanpage where you will be able to know our latest offers, that we hope you find it interestng.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience on tripadvisor. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Thanks.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Only stayed for 2 nights as part of a driving tour - didn't eat in the restaurant (but breakfast was good) - nice garden/pool but I thought the spa was expensive (so didn't use it) - service in the bar was average to awful

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Louxo La Toja H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Mrs. Hants,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay at the Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja. Thanks for highlighting our pool and gardens.

We look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Despite some minor shortcomings (its a little dated and lacks balconies) this is nevertheless a great hotel and we would have no hesitation recommending it.
The location is great for a relaxed chilled out break. There is ample parking at all times and it's free - a real bonus these days. The hotel enjoys a great position overlooking the water (our room on the fourth floor had a stunning sea view). The rates are very reasonable. Staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is amazing and the spa facilities a real bonus. Food in the restaurant was consistently good and good value for money. There are pleasant walks from the hotel and the town is very accessible if you are reasonably fit. In summary, a great hotel for a pleasant break.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KildareGlobeTrotters
Louxo La Toja H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Esteemed Mr. Kildare,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting such a positive review. We were so glad to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us at the Talaso Hotel Louxo La Toja.

If you wish you can vist our Facebook Fanpage (facebook.com/talasohotellouxo) oor our Instagram account (@louxolatoja) where you will be able to know our latest offers, that we hope you find it interesting.

Thank you very much for you recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back.