See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Set beside golf course the hotel was a good transit stop in our journey

Comfortable room. Get the superior one as that's worth the extra 10 euros. Bathroom modern and functional

Good wifi. Breakfast a bit thin and should be within tariff for its value

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Stayed here with my husband and daughter for a weekend. As the hotel was quiet we were upgraded to a room overlooking the pool and golf course. The rooms were modern and well appointed. We ate in the restaurant on Friday evening. The food was good and well presented , with good service and interaction from the waiters and chef.
The staff went out of their way to telephone round for a vegetarian option for Saturday evening, as the town seemed to be closed and nothing was open! It was disappointing that the hotel restaurant was only open that evening for a private party, and strange that it didn't seem to operate at all on a Sunday. However, the staff were faultless and the rooms very comfortable and good value. We would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms good but for a little extra, a room on the south side is nice.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2016

I made a business trip to Salies de Bearn to visit a manufacturing plant and I was able to travel with my wife. We stayed at the Hotel du Golf. The rooms are not large and they are quite plain. They are clean and efficient. The real draw, the beauty of this hotel us the owners and the staff. They are warm and friendly people. They make you feel welcome. They go out of their way to treat you well. The real treat at this hotel is the restaurant. There were five of us visiting the plant and we had two dinner. Both were exceptionally good. Well prepared, delicious and served by a friendly staff. The second night was my birthday and when they brought out coffee and dessert they carried a small cake topped with a small Roman candle and sang Happy Birthday. I was gobsmacked at the gesture.

Room Tip: Overlook the pool
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Lovely relaxing few days. Very peaceful. Staff lovely and patient with my limited French. Lovely breakfast too. Swimming pool and golf course on your doorstep too. 5 minute walk into town. 40 minutes from Biarritz and Pau Airports. So much to do in the area you will never be bored.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Stayed here on a Friday night as it was well located for us, not because we play golf - in fact, I have never played! Very friendly greeting from the guy in reception and a large cat. Room fine overlooking the pool, terrace and part of the course. It was a good sized room but rather lacking in furniture. Larger than normal bed (for France that is) and comfortable, except that it had a douvet on which considering the temperature that day had been 30c, was a bit too hot. Tatty bathroom with one of my pet hate showers that you have to get into to turn on, thereby getting drenched, unless you manage to detach the shower head first - which I did. Small cupboard housing the loo which was daft as there was plenty of room to put in a larger cupboard. Nice dining room and we sat outside. Great waiter and surprisingly good steak and chips. After a long day which included breaking down on the motorway, it was very welcome washed down with a good bottle of the local red plonk. Tried the local sparkling water - don't bother - not a patch on Badoit and €6 a bottle. Reasonable breakfast, again with a friendly waitress. The best things about this place were the staff and the food.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple