US$ 111
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I found this hotel quite by accident while exploring the Rue de Vin. I don't speak French, so that was a bit of a problem, but with some effort, I was fed & given a great room for the night. My room, with dinner & breakfast, was so reasonable. I slept & ate well - who could ask for more? I hope to find my way here again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Lovely traditional B&B/Hotel in small mountain village in the Vosges mountains.

Clean reasonable sized rooms, very quiet ( though out of season when we were there ).

The evening meals are remarkable. No idea what you are getting and no choice but four courses of traditional french rural cooking e.g. Soup, Main, Cheese and Desert. Very tasty and huge quantities. Well worth trying.

French breakfast was not so much to our choice so got coffee and croissant from the boulangerie across the road.

Room Tip: Worth paying upgrade to superior room
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great little restaurant in labaroche france..Rooms are modest but completely remodeled to a modern clean design... Staff did not speak English but were very friendly and did their best to assist us. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as it was cheaper to eat at the local pastry shop across from the hotel. We did eat the dinner which was superb... Traditional French cuisine with multiple courses throughout the evening. Great visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Due to a mix-up with another hotel, we found ourselves with no place to stay at 7 pm on a Saturday night during a holiday weekend. Thank God for the internet, in a little while we had a booking for this hotel and were on our way there. We arrived to find the place busy and almost full, but the two rooms in the annex were waiting for us, as was a table in the dining room. In our rush to get settled we had not realized the meal was a set menu until the first course arrived - puff pastry wrapped around white fish with a sauce including mussels and mushrooms. Very French indeed for a place off the beaten track. Next we had fresh local white asparagus with ham on the side. And HUGE servings of all. We were full, but along came salad, then local Munster cheese and then rhubarb pie. We enjoyed local wines with this, they have plenty of choices on the menu. All around us were local families as well as out of town holiday guests enjoying the wonderful hospitality and excellent food.
Our rooms were comfortable and clean, the bathrooms very updated and modern. We slept well, and in the morning, when we went to the front desk to check out, we were escorted back to the dining room for breakfast, which was a good choice of breads and pastries.
The staff at this hotel is wonderful, especially the older woman who is all over the place with a smile on her face (I wish I knew her name) She complemented my daughter's French, made us feel so welcome and was a delight.
The total bill, including food, was very reasonable. What started as a "where in the heck can we sleep tonight?" problem ended up as a highlight of the trip. This is the place to stay when you are in the Vosges. Close enough to the wineries, but far away from the touristy crowd. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor of the annex. You'll get to sleep in rooms with wonderful Alsatian pitched roofs and you can pretend you are staying in grandma's attic. Wonderful!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2012

When we drove into Labaroche I must admit to a feeling of disappointment as it is a large, rather characterless sprawl of a place. The hotel is in the village centre, and the moment we booked in, all negative feelings evaporated. Right away you could appreciate the simple charm and character of the hotel and what it has to offer.
Our room was in the annex, which in some hotels is usually an excuse for a cheap featureless add-on to the main building, but in this case is a lovely building in its own right, with a wonderful collection of kitchen antiques and memorabilia. Our room was very clean, and though it could be considered "basically" furnished, it was roomy, very comfortable and perfectly adequate for our needs.
We didn't use the spa facilities and in this respect I should record my only criticism of the hotel, which is that it doesn't have an outdoor area with sun loungers etc, so you don't really have anywhere to simply relax in the sunshine.
The plus points far outweigh that small negative however, and we loved the relaxed, old-fashioned feel of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and it is a wonderful place to enjoy a few quiet beers in the evening, either outside on the patio or inside in the traditional bar.
The food is of the "what you get" variety, i.e. "menu du jour" and while some people might not like this lack of choice, we found it strangely liberating and waited with anticipation for the plates to be put on the table. The food is of a good quality; with large portions that represent very good value for money at 20 Euros for starter; main course; cheeses and dessert. Similarly, breakfast is an excellent affair with a fine selection of jams, cream cheese, salami, eggs and very good home-made "rillettes". There was also a fair selection of yoghurt, cakes and fruit so you needn't go hungry - and at 8.50 Euros I reckon it is also very good value for money.

We felt very much at home in this hotel, and what better praise can you give a hotel than that? I don't know who owns the hotel, but I assume that the main force behind it is the owner's mother, who is an absolute character and a tireless worker. From check in to check out; to serving us beer and bringing our food she was an absolute gem, and the fact that she tolerated our rather basic French is a further credit to her.
What else can I say other than to suggest that if you want to experience a real taste of France, ignore the large chain hotels or the highly-priced pretentious establishments. Choose a place like this, then simply relax and enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple