My wife and I took a weekend away from the kids Easter weekend in April, for our first visit. We booked a great 199 euro beatthetimer rate on spg. Given this is a category 7 hotel, using 30k points doesn't really seem like a realistic option. And typical room rates seem to be 500 euro plus. So as a Starwood Platinum I wasn't really expecting much in the way of upgrades. Given the promo rate we booked. But boy was I wrong.
We arrived early morning, like 10am. Well before check-in. Our rate included breakfast so didn't get to see what the Platinum option is, but given that checkin isn't until the afternoon I just assumed no breakfast for an early checkin. But they apologized for not having our room ready early and invited us down to breakfast -- an incredibly generous gesture many hotels would not offer. Now I travel a lot and have seen many a buffet breakfast, but this has to be one of the best in the Starwood chain. It has everything you can imagine presented in a luxurious fashion. There is also a patio to eat seaside. Just an amazing breakfast.
Our room was ready after breakfast and we were led by our personal butler to an enormous corner suite overlooking the ocean. Again, had many a Starwood upgrade but this was palatial. The entryway hall was the size of 2 typical hotel rooms. There was a huge living room that could seat like 10 people. A kitchen. A bedroom. 2 bathrooms. And a giant walk-in closet. Has to be one of the best Platinum upgrades ever. Truly makes you value the program. And an enormous balcony with couches and blankets. Below us was a pool suite with private pool -- so not even the best room at the property.
The St Regis is all about their famed Butler service. I'm sure they are willing to do anything you need short of covering up a crime-- but they werent very proactive. I saw something saying they provide unpacking and packing services, shirt pressing and free in room afternoon drinks among other things. But I never asked for anything and they didn't mention it. Again, I'm sure if we needed anything they would have been there for us.
The hotel itself is stunning. Built like a Spanish mansion. The grounds are impeccable. Every detail is taken care of. Beautiful outdoor pool and a great indoor spa and pool (free to use, unlike some other Starwood properties). There is also an incredible kids pool with fountains and a kids club. Next time we will definitely bring the kids. It looked great. There is no beach here, but there is a shuttle and it is close by.
The service is top notch. What one would expect of a St Regis. Staff is happy to help in any way they can. But it goes beyond that. There is no request too difficult.
Upon Platinum late checkout (again, spg resorts not required to grant this), the manager came out to greet me and think us for the business. It was I that should have been thanking him. I was there on a cheap rate. And I did thank him and assured him we will be back.
Finally, note, they have valet parking but if you are like us and rent a horribly embarrassing car to pull up to the St Regis then be aware there is free self parking in back.
This is top of the line in the SPG portfolio and deserves its category 7 level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort is one of the most prestigious resorts of the Mediterranean. Located near the exclusive area of Puerto Portals between the Tramuntana Mountains and the sea this hotel offers to its guest a unique experience of luxury and tradition. The tailored and personalized St. Regis butler service, along with the captivating views from the rooms and the exceptional restaurants will create an extraordinary experience impossible to forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Hotel Costa d`En Blanes
- St Regis Mardavall Mallorca Hotel
- Mardavall Hotel
- St Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort