“Good restaurant in front of the lake”
Review of Chez Fritz

Chez Fritz
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Kilchberg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Good restaurant. The food was over average with swiss style. The parking area is small and the place gets easily overcrowded
The view is nice as it is in front of the lake

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Had another delicious lunch off their good value lunch menu- narrow choice but always something great to choose. You can sit and relax and enjoy the view at your leisure. Will definitely come back again and again.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I've booked this venue many a time for my executives but actually had the chance to go there myself last night and I now know why it receives such rave reviews from my bosses.
The setting is second to none: it's perched right on the lake with a large terrace extending into the lake. The views of the lake and surrounding mountains are mesmerising!
The menu is varied (if a little difficult to read as in a handwritten scrawl) and the portion sizes among the largest I've come across in Zurich. The food itself was outstanding and beautifully plated.
The staff was attentive and friendly.
Chez Fritz now ranks as one of my top picks in Zurich.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend booked that place for my birthday as a surprise - beautiful table at the lake - but it got rainy before we arrived and they only had a terrible table in the back - dark place, humid, next to the wall - ... no comment. If you are planning to bring your girlfriend for birthday dinner - choose another place - I highly advise unless you want to try your luck ;) ... we ended up going back to town enjoying hummer and champagne in a restaurant where they take care of their clients :)

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Chez Fritz, which we chose based on some social media recommendations. The food was of a consistently good quality (we had the shrimp and avocado cocktail and beef tartare starters, and the cafe Paris beef and a chicken special for mains). Drinks were OK but our red was heavily chilled which is not to our preference (however on request it was aired, so no harm done).

While our experience was fine, we saw one of the staff accidentally spill a lot of red wine onto another customer's white shirt. I hope that the situation was rectified, but there was no apparent response from management and the customer seemed somewhat uncomfortable (although she was very classy about it). This admittedly did not affect us directly however we were sitting next to the table and it undermined the service offered and seemed rather strange.