See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed at Marco Inn for 5 nights in December - I booked by telephone before I arrived as I was worried about availability - I needn't have bothered –there were loads of places with rooms around.
Basically Marco is cheap and cheerful - no wifi, no hot water, no flushing toilet.
The manager\owner\family and staff were all very pleasant; breakfast was simple but good enough.
My only two gripes are
1. the roof "garden or terrace" that is mentioned somewhere is a shambles full of weeds and rubble and totally unusable - but I was diving every day so it was not much of a problem to me.

2. The noise - the ferries sound their horns every half hour or so through the night, plus cockerels & fireworks - but these I could ignore.
What was the real noise problem was the local family next door who have a puppy tied up in their courtyard which started crying and howling at 4am each morning - I looked over into the courtyard and it was tied to a piece of rope about 18 inches long and the family were simply ignoring it.
Having spoken to the manager and a couple of locals it seems that everyone is scared of the old woman in the house and no-one is prepared to confront her - complaints have been made but ignored.
Whilst I sympathise with the owners in this situation I cannot recommend anyone to stay here until the problem with the neighbours is rectified.
There are places just as cheap with wifi and without the extra noise problems to the left of the fast boat dock.

Without the neighbours I would have had no problem recommending the Marco Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

A good little guesthouse... decent sized room with a comfy double bed, non-flushing toilet and cold shower but towel and loo-roll provided, perfectly decent. No WiFi. Jacob and his family were very welcoming. Breakfast was included and was tasty. There's a small open courtyard where you can chill out and read the magazines/books on offer. Plus they had two pet bunny rabbits scampering about... super cute! We didn't get around to trying the advertised 'homemade cakes'.
Downside: the inn is really close to the Padang Bai ferry and centre of town and is therefore VERY noisy at night. We had a restless, sometimes sleepless, stay... earplugs were no use when the ferry horn and tannoy, cockerels crowing, dogs barking, and the mosque call to prayer all went off in a ridiculous middle-of-the-night cacophony.
We also stayed in a guesthouse further up the beach (Padang Bai Beach Inn 1) - towards Topi Inn and blue lagoon - which was nowhere near as noisy (no need for earplugs) and cheaper too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bunnydarke
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Very good location. We used it to stay for a night before going to Nusa Lembongan (we took a boat from the beach right in front of the hotel for $20)
Clean and simple, very nice breakfast. The owner wasn't very friendly to us but the rest of the staff were nice enough.
No aircon and no toiler flush.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I just returned from a trip down to Padangbai. While I've been through it many times on my way to and from Sumbawa, I never spent a night there. I decided to see what Padangbai had to offer and was pleased with what I found. I picked the Marco Inn only because I happened to pull my motorcycle up in front of it to get my bearings. This family-run guest house is pretty basic: 10 rooms with fans, cold-water showers and Western-style toilet with a manual flush. For anyone who is looking for something plush, this in not for you. But, if you just want a room with a decent bed in a friendly atmosphere for a good price, then I recommend that you try the Marco Inn.

While the furniture and some of the walls have seen better days, everything works and the family is more than helpful with information. I was set to leave early in the morning to return home to Singaraja, but it was pouring rain. I was asked if I wanted breakfast even though it was an hour before the regular breakfast time. I told them no that I wanted to get traveling as soon as the rain let up. Jacob and his wife asked me several times about eating or at least having some coffee. I eventually settled for the banana pancake and coffee. I paid 100,000 for the room and didn't bother to bargain. I'll stop by there again on my next trip to Padangbai.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms get a nice breeze and have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank drbrucepk
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Hi guys, reading some other reviews about this place I have to say: Yes, they have no Yakuzi!
It's a simple and basic guesthouse run by Jacob and his family. It's always a warm and happy coming back to this place - and it's cheap! Same standard like the others B&B guesthouses only cold water, basic breakfast and small rooms, but clean and nice!
If you get one of the 1st floor rooms: awesome view. It's in the middle of Padangbai but it's quiet (the entrance is not easy to find though it's directly and the seaside).
We love this place and every time we come to Padangbai we stay here - we also tried a lot of other guesthouses here. Our pick!

Room Tip: Rooms 1st floor - enjoy the view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple