We just returned from the hotel (4 August) after a brilliant 10 days at this excellent hotel. When we arrived (25 July), we were greeted with a compementary drink of champagne or orange juice. Our room was on the 5th floor and I have to say that the room was lovely and clean and the view was magnificent. One thing I will advise is unless you have paid for the room and wristband upgrade, rent a safe, they cost €12 for 7 days. The food was top notch, and there's plenty of choice at whatever time of day you want to eat. Our first experience of the evening cabaret/entertainment was from an act called 'mad hatter'. Although it may not have been everyone's cup of tea, it was funny nonetheless. If you're after a bargain or two, head over to puerto mogan on a friday, where there's a massive market, it's the biggest market on the island. If you're a sun worshipper and spend pretty much the whole of your holiday by the pool, then the next part of this review won't be of any interest to you. If you want to experience the real gran canaria, and you're ok with heights and being in a minibus for a day, we would fully recommend the island delights tour which takes you up into the mountains and the views will put a smile on your face. Unless you're a hardcore shopper, avoid the Las Palmas shopping trip. Although the trip into the old part of town takes you to a small market and a museum of christopher columbus, I found it to be a little laboured and we found it difficult to find something to do once you have looked around the new part as there is only one main shoping centre thats walking distance (el muelle). But if you like Debenhams over here, check out El Corte Ingles. We also experienced a trip to the Music Hall Tavern, where you will find an evening of singing, dancing and a little bit of stand up comedy, but thouroughly enjoyable! Back at the hotel, you have the option of joining in on certain activities that occur within the patio area. Darts, pool, archery, and table tennis just to name a few. If you win the little competition they set up, you can win a t shirt :), however there is no pressure on the guests to join in at any time. Just look out for the young animation crew wearing blue and yellow if any of the activities interest you. Now, although previously I mentioned that the entertainment in the evening was funny, we did have to endure an hour of truly shocking singing in the form of 'casino havana' :( although the only mildly entertaining part was the dancers behind her!
So to summarise, food - excellent, drinks - excellent (unless you got it as a free upgrade, don't bother to upgrade to a black wristband, it's not worth it), the staff - always smiling, friendly and helpful. ATTENTION HONEYMOONERS!! If you are going here on your honeymoon, take your marriage certificate, as you could get a free upgrade! Thouroughly enjoyable stay, and I will come back with my new wife, anniversary maybe.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suite Princess is a hotel for adults (16 years and above) who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation directly at the sea. The 4 star hotel is located in the sunny south of Gran Canaria, the picturesque Puerto de Mogán is just 4 km away. All rooms of the adults only hotel feature sea- or garden view. The Suite Princess in the bay of Taurito boasts two buffet restaurants, a theme restaurant and 3 bars. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Three times a week there are theme nights featuring food from Italy, Spain or the Canary Islands. The Gala Night offers international specialties. The entertainment programme not only includes sporting activities such as aerobics, aqua aerobics and archery but also culinary delights. Suite Princess guests may look forward to cooking classes (paella, tapas, mojo sauce), wine tasting, cocktail presentations, sunset sessions with cava and canapés and the weekly Black&White night. For those who just want to relax in their holidays may choose between sun-kissed or nice, shady spots in the pool landscape of the hotel. Jet Ski , parasailing, jetboat, flyboard or banana boat - Watersports fans are definitely spoiled for choice. One of Gran Canarias leading Watersports-Centre is located at Taurito Beach. Wi-Fi (chargeable) is available in the public areas of the Princess Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Suite Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Princess Hotel Taurito
- Suite Princess Grand Canary
- Hotel Suite Princess
- Suite Princess Taurito, Gran Canaria