“Top notch”

Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Fitzroy
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Saturday, 7.30 AM and there is already a que, was a half hour wait to reach the counter. Had a gentleman come around during the que to ask if you would like to order coffee which was a nice touch.

The famed croissant is above average at best. Good flake, lightly buttered, came cold? Maybe it was a bad batch. 3.5 / 5

The cruffins were outstanding.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The queue was crazy even when we went before the shop was open. It continues to be crazy long after we're done with the croissants. Coffee was great. Croissants were fresh, because they were sold within the hour or so after they are hot out from oven. The ham croissant was good. I wouldn't say they are fantastic croissant but definitely fresh!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

If you don't turn up early at this place than Im sorry you will be in a queue but I must say its worth the wait. The queue went very quickly and before we knew it we were ordering.
We decided on a take away but you can order coffee and have your croissant at the warehouse. This is a popular spot and by the time we had collected our order the queue was out the door and around the corner. It was amazing and when I get back down to Melbourne it will be my first stop!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

After being highly recommend to visit Lune Croissanterie my wife and I decided that we needed to drop by and check it out.

We arrived about 15 minutes before opening and there were already people waiting to get in so my expectations went up another level.

Once we got in it felt very clean and almost sterile with the actual bakery being encased in a giant fishbowl which was great to watch the bakery in action.

After a short wait to order our breakfast arrived quickly.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were bad but if i'm honest I didn't think they were anything different from my local bakery which is a third of the cost of the items on offer.

I'm glad that we visited by I don't think I will be back.

1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I live in Europe and was certainly curious to try out this so called "amazing" Croissant. The main different on the plain Croissant was that it has a very crispy top that is perhaps coated with a syrup/ egg shine that hardens it. The Almond Croissant is filled with lots of Almond. We bought 2 plain Croissants, an Almond croissant and 2 coffee and the total came to $AUD 40, the most expensive coffee and croissants that we have paid and certainly more then what one pays in Paris. The place is not really a cafe as they only have benches all around the walls to sit and eat. For me this is just another hype. I would go back again Only if the price is like any other cafe and I live closely by during my stay in Melbourne.