1,850 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Recently I visited dunes for a vacation trip, my experience kept getting better and better as each day passed by. Firstly the staff had 100% role to play in making us feel very comfortable and safe no part which part of the hotel we were in I can say we felt safe and welcomed. Coming from trinidad where I'm accustomed to spicy tasty foods, the food at the hotel wasn't satisfying my taste buds however the staff really tried their best to adjust the food to our liking. We had a special dinner night at the the Luciano restaurant which was the best night ever at the hotel. There is so many things to be done at the hotel you can never get bored. My group enjoyed the mini excursions from one end of the hotel to the other end using the free shuttle service provided. Everyday when we returned to our rooms we had amazing towel origami awaiting us. The night shows was entertaining even though we had no idea what was being said. The restaurant & bar by the beach needs some upgrades wasn't at all what i expected, nevertheless overall i had a great time and I would like to revisit this hotel again and again. Special thanks to Mr. Marco, Hector, Jose C., Jose, Angel, Rosa, George and many others whose names I can't recall, we're very grateful for the tremendous efforts you guys placed into making us comfortable and giving us an experience to remember.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Dunes_Beach, Gerente at Sunsol Ecoland & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear guest,

we appreciate your valuable opinion and recommendation about our service.

We hope to see you soon again in our Hotel

Best Regards

Guest Relation Manager.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

everything was excellent.....friendly, courteous staff.
Food buffet was exceptional....wide variety - 3 restaurants total
childrens play park
discotech & parties

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We appreciate your kind and valuable comment about our service. For us it was a real pleasure to serve you!

Best Regards.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I have been to Dunes many times over the last 10 years. I have always had a good time. However on my last visit from 17 to 21 December 2017, it was just a terrible experience. What upset me the most is that even though I have stayed at the resort several times over a 10 year period, the hotel offered me nothing to make up for my bad experience. Not even a discounted rate if I choose to return. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but excuses. (1)The Premium Rooms are far away from the Lobby and there is usually a shuttle to take you back and forth. However on this trip I had to walk on several occasions. In the day and night. In the sun and the rain. This because Dunes ran out of fuel for their shuttle bus and made poor arrangements to get gasoline while there was a brief shortage on the island of Margarita. (2) I was placed on the 3rd floor without an elevator. No one asked me if I was ok with climbing the 40 steps required to get to the 3rd floor each time I had to go up to my room. (3) The key card I was given did not work on the lock. I would only know this after climbing 40 steps to my room. They changed the key 3 times until eventually they had to fix the lock on the door. (4) Juices were served at several meals and many times there was no ice for the juice so you had to drink it at room temperature. (5) I wanted to use the pool and there was no towels and no one to get the towels from in the premium section the day and time I tried to access the pool. (6) This is an all inclusive Hotel and in the 5 days I was there, chicken was only served twice.
The only thing that was pleasant about the trip is the willingness of the staff to assist. They were always friendly and helpful. However even though the manager was always willing to speak, he attached no value on retaining me as a client who has been a guest over the years. As I stated previously Dunes was prepared to offer me nothing to retain my business. As a result I am returning in January 2018 and I will be staying at Sunsol or LD Plus.

Regards

Warren Bruce
Trinidad and Tobago

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DInsurer
Dunes_Beach, Gerente at Sunsol Ecoland & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear guest,

we regret that your experience in our facilities has not been entirely to your liking. We will take note of your observations to improve our service.

For us it is a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This place is perfectly placed a 15 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Nice and quiet and 50 meters from the beach.

There is a view of the beach from the rooftop bar, dining room and main pool. Our room (5) had its own pool though! This was very cool to have. It was private as well so... it is a small pool but just right after a sweaty day of wandering the town and munching street food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sr,

we appreciate your valuable comment and hope to return soon to enjoy your vacation with us!

Best Regards

Guet Relation Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We went at this hotel in august 2017. We paid for an executive package which includes 2 bedrooms because we have a children with us. But they gave us one a king room. So they have to fix it and gave us the correct room. We then move to another room. We woke up the first morning with big coackroaches in several places in the room. BAD!.... We advised them and they gave us another room in the higher level.
Meals, probably because of Venezuela's situation were missing....no varieties, even no coffee one morning.
Even if there were a lot of employees. Lot of them were not proactives to help us. Waiting our call to help us.
Several times, we have to wait too long to have a shuttle.
Air conditioning was not working correctly.
Beach was great.... and playground for children was nice.
But it is the only thing we can say.
Avoid this place...

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid cockroach but bad air cond.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Dunes_Beach, Gerente at Sunsol Ecoland & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We regret that your experience with us has not been completely satisfactory.

Let's review the points you point to improve our service.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards