“Must be the best”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Finest T-Bone I've ever tasted
Comes Rare and still cooking on the griddle
Great service
Great wine & Brandy
£50 a head some very good

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I eat in many restaurants all over the world, and usually in good ones. This experience I had with Il Corazziere was amazing, from the tasting dinner to the Marriage dinner itself all went perfect. Flexible people, great great quality of dishes, down to the little details.

We all enjoyed and we will definitly come back again, not only for marriage. But hey, I still have 4 to go :).

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Il Corazziere
The restaurant belongs to the hotel of the same name but I’m not quite sure whether it is a franchise or who owns what. It’s a two minute walk from the hotel, across the courtyard and mill stream bridge and in some way this adds to the experience.
Regardless of the financial arrangements, the owner/manager welcomed us as if it was his business and there was none of the food chain disinterest which we both hate.
We ate at Il Corazziere on two nights and both were first class. We had a set menu the first occasion and beef Florentine, a hotel speciality, on the second. Both meals were excellent value and of a high standard.
Our waiter was attentive and efficient but not bustling - and free of frantic empty plate snatching which always ruins a meal.
The house wine was not brilliant but drinkable and fairly priced.
There was a lot of smiling and time for a passing comment or two from him.
We ate on the terrace which was a lovely experience.
Just one word of warning. The restaurant is closed on a Tuesday so we had a pizza in a posh pizzeria in the next town and really got spanked no doubt because we were tourists. Order a sandwich from the hotel bar and save yourself the grief!

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

I ate here with a group of friends. The restaurant is very elegant and tastefully decorated. The menu isn't very long but offers various choices for both meat and fish lovers. I had the asparagus risotto which was 10/10. Then we took various meat dishes to share among us. The meat was very tasty, especially the picanha. We were also given some veg, including potatoes, grilled peppers and aubergines and a dish of cauliflower. The veg were good but nothing special. The wine list is also interesting but could be a little more extensive. To finish the meal I took a tiramisu which was also good. We were offered a round of digestive drinks. The service was very good and friendly. I would definitely come back and try a fish dish.

Reviewed 25 January 2015

Business lunch for 3. This restaurant opened originally in 1919 and the name comes from the Royal Carabinieri Army Corps, the so-called “Corazzieri”. Go to www.hotelcorazziere.com to find out more information.
Service was slick and Luigi spoke very good English and explained what a lot of the dishes were. There is an extensive menu and the food is very good and presented well on the plate. Although I was not paying I noticed the prices on the menu did seem very reasonable and not over the top.
There is a small river running through the grounds which I envisage looks lovely on a sunny day. You can also see the mountains in the distance from the gardens.
The setting is extremely nice and I would definitely recommend giving Il Corazziere a go.