1,145 results
All reviews stunning views malvern hills wine list the main hotel fresh milk hotel grounds coach house biscuits lovely hotel dinner menu lovely room relaxed atmosphere evening meal high standard afternoon tea new owners short break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter treated my to afternoon tea here for my birthday. It was a lovely tea with attentive staff. The views across the counties were stunning and to add to the pleasure of the afternoon was the weather, it was a beautiful day. I will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TheCottageTeam, General Manager at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello, Thank you for visiting for Afternoon Tea. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes from all the team

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have just had a delicious lunch at the 1919 restaurant within this lovely setting at The Cottage in the Wood. The restaurant is beautiful, set high up on the Malvern hills with far reaching views. The service was extremely good, polite and thoughtful. The menu was special and it took a while for us to decide! For starters, the watercress soup and the consommé were both full of flavour and beautifully presented. The steak and the hake dishes were very tasty, again. The desserts were absolutely gorgeous. Chocolate, salt caramel and strawberry with shorbread and basil ice cream. We have been before, about 3 years ago and enjoyed it. However, now this place seems to have stepped up further. It was buzzing and vibrant. As we finished, the room full of happy guests enjoying afternoon tea. The two rosettes are fully deserved in our view and we feel lucky to have such a special place on our doorstep. Looking forward to coming back In October for the jazz afternoon....

Hello,
Thank you very much for this glowing review of your visit to 1919 Restaurant last month. Head Chef Mark Redwood is passionate about the dishes he creates and it is so wonderful when this is enjoyed. I have passed on your kind words to him and the rest of the team. The new menu launches this week so there is lots more exciting, autumnal dishes to choose from. The October Live Jazz Sunday (first Sunday of every month) was yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it if you made it! We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes from all the team.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here for ease on location to the busfest. But £150 a night was abit steep I think on what you get. The rooms have a beautiful view of the country side but unfortunately they are looking a little tired and need freshing up. The wall paper is starting to peel, the bathroom is looking dated and worn in places. I love the old decor as it keeps to the theme of the hotel but just needs seeing too. I don’t think it’s worth £150. Staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was limited choice on buffet but hot choice was wide selection. Very nicely cooked and enjoyable.
As I said we mainly stayed here as it was the nearest available hotel to the bus fest and was in walkable distance. It’s nice if you can get a good offer on the rooms.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TheCottageTeam, General Manager at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for choosing The Cottage in the Wood for your stay. I am deeply sorry that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay. Firstly thank you for your kind words about our staff and please note all of your comments will be taken on board and we will discuss these as a team to see how we can address your feedback. We continuously work to improve the standards of what we offer and I hope you will see these improvements if you visit again in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback. Best wishes from all the team at The Cottage in the Wood

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

What a disappointment, although the views are outstanding, nothing else is.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were efficient but seemed unable to smile, the man I spoke to owner/manager I’m not sure which, gave the attitude of it was beneath him to speak to me. The restaurant was clean and comfortable with nice decor and good quality tableware and cutlery.
The waitress tried to sit us at a table that was next to other diners, the restaurant was empty apart from them, so we refused and choose another table. Starters were fine apart from the bread, very dry but the mains were a disappointment. Mussels were bland, I my opinion no garlic or seasoning the fish was very small with solid lump of batter attached to one end, tartar sauce and mushy peas not pleasant, inedible. Considering the amount of people in the restaurant there was a very long wait between course. At the end of meal I was asked if everything was ok I stated my disappointment but there was no further reference made to this from staff. I think a little customer service training should be on the agenda. This restaurant is over priced for the quality of food, a long way from value for money. I will not bother to return. I have been involved with the Catering & Hospitality industry for many years and I’m still amazed at the amount of establishments that don’t make the effort to keep customers coming back.

4  Thank philipt738

Thank you for visiting The Cottage in the Wood. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the views. I am most surprised and disappointed that other aspects of your stay failed to live up to your expectations. It is our aim to provide high quality service in a relaxed environment. We love to chat with guests and have a laugh if it is welcomed, but we also know that sometimes guests want to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet and we aim to be able to offer both when the time is right. I am sorry you were disappointed with the service, we have noted your feedback and will work together to make improvements. We continuously work together to improve the service and products we offer and we will of course continue to do this so that guests will return. Best wishes from all The Cottage team.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel must be on the ‘to visit list’ while in the area. We only had a light lunch but I would like to return when I had more time. I had heard of the Hotel and was thrilled to finally see it for myself.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
TheCottageTeam, General Manager at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Hello, thank you for visiting The Cottage in the Wood and I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Warm wishes from all The Cottage team