“Great country location right next to the airport”

Church Farm Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 3 Bickenhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed just the one night, on my way to a funeral. It was just what I needed to get my thought’s together before such an event. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, with the stables across the courtyard, extremely convenient for Birmingham international airport and train links. Very warm, very clean with a great traditional breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the old converted stables which was clean and modern.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2012

we shave stayed here a couple of times now before flying out of birmingham. Clean Tidy full breakfast reasonable prices. You can park there for the duartion of your holiday for 1 litre of spirits per week.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. short walk to NEC (20 minutes) - nice friendly people, lovely breakfast, nice setting, no noise from airplanes except occasional rumbles, horses next door :) good to sit at a large breakfast table and talk to other guests, all of whom said the same.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I recently stayed 2 night at the church farm accommodation. A very pleasant stay.
As soon as we arrived we were recognised as the guests staying 2 nights as it is a smal and nice b&b. Welcomed by dad and daughter as well as dog, cat and horses.

The farm is located near the NEC and Birmingham airport but somehow feels totally secluded and in the proper countryside. We actually wondered if the airport was actually functioning as we could not hear any planes during our stay and overall agreed that 2 or 3 hums must have been an aircraft and not a big wasp looking at the season.

The farm has 5 of its bedrooms in the courtyard across from the stables. The rooms are probably converted stables. Nice and comfortable. I had a twin room with tv (which I did not even try), access to free WiFi (not always very reliable but worked well enough for my needs), a clean and modern bathroom. Very comfortable bed and very nice blankets. I enjoyed the blankets and did not feel cold at all even if the room in the first night was not super hot. Second night the heating was regulated at a better level without me even asking.
The morning breakfast is served in the main house around 1 massive table where the different guests take place as they arrive. This is one of the good things, sharing your English freshly cooked breakfast (or if you want fruits, cereal or else) around a table where you talk with the other guests, this would not really happen at most conventional hotels.

We did not get a lift to the NEC as the owner was otherwise engaged driving children, but we did not especially arrange that in advance either. Instead we walked and it takes about 30 mins to walk to the NEC by taking the pedestrian path all the way and probably not the shortest one and walking at a normal pace.

In terms of facilities around: there is a nice looking church behind the house, closed when I tried to visit it. There is a pub about 5-10 mins walk with decent food and drinks. Solihull streets and restaurant are a short drive away.

Definitely a nice place. Worth a chance, you might like it.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We have stayed here several times - in the "stable block". Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, breakfast is well cooked, at the time we agree, and very filling, and when I couldn't face a full English the last time, I was offered whatever I wanted - I settled for cereal, fruit and croissants. Despite being so close to the airport we have never been disturbed by noise. We have always been made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: 3 of stay in one room with a couple of dogs - plenty of room and place to hang clothes.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
0.7 km away
2.4 km away
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC

Been to Church Farm Accommodation? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK