“A lovely welcoming Inn.”
Review of The Dolphin Inn

The Dolphin Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Thorpeness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed B&B at the Dolphin Inn over the Easter holiday and could not fault it. The landlord, David was welcoming and the room was very pleasant - warm, clean, a good size and had all the expected facilities. It is well located to access the Meare, the Golf Club and the beach. The cooked breakfasts were of excellent quality and quantity. There was not the option of a continental type breakfast, but this is not surprising given that there are only a small number of bedrooms. All the staff were friendly and sociable and nothing was too much trouble.Overall we were made to feel really welcome. We will be returning!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Islander020

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I decided to eat out for a change - upon arriving we were warmly greeted and shown to our table.
The menu was ample and we were recommended to have the pate, which I was certainly not disappointed
Having the skate as my main course was certainly a good choice and is was no trouble for the waitress to change my accompaniments to fine beans rather than sprouting broccoli. I was talked into their version of lemon meringue pie which was different but I have to say thoroughly enjoyable whilst my husband had the apple crumble which he described ' as good as my mum would have made'
I will be recommending this place to all my friends

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Hardasnails
Reviewed 25 February 2012

From start to finish we enjoyed our time at the Dolphin Inn, excellent service, accommodation and food. Will be sure to return.

Room Tip: Book early
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here by complete chance. I needed somewhere to stay that night and did a quick google search in the general area for B&B's or hotels. Many places came up but most were full or seemed too pricey - we just needed a place to crash for one night. I contacted the Dolphin Inn and they had a room and it was more reasonably priced so I booked it. Arrived when it was dark so I had no idea what the area looked like but turned out it was in a lovely spot overlooking some almshouses.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly. They offered to carry our bags and showed us to our room. The room was really cosy and warm, well decorated and very homely with a massive and comfy bed. A decent kettle and tea making facilities plus nice toiletries.

We ate a meal in the pub which was delicious in a relaxed atmosphere. Staff were attentive. The next morning the chef offered us a cooked breakfast (amongst cereal and toast) which was quite a work of art and delicious.

We only needed a bed for the night but ended up with what felt like quite a special trip away. I would highly recommend it and would stay here again if I was in the area.

2  Thank ExplorerLauraH
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We booked at the last minute as we fancied an extra night in Suffolk (we had a voucher to stay elsewhere the following night). Delighted with our decision as it was extremely warm and welcoming from start to finish. We had an excellent dinner and our room (3) was large and comfortable. Just one problem-the loo was reluctant to flush!- but luckily my husband is a Suffolk boy and had the knack of doing it!! A lovely breakfast in the morning and we vowed to return for a longer stay.
P.S.We very nearly returned sooner than expected as our next stay was way below expectations and we very seriously considered phoning the Dolphin to see if we could go back there!!

1  Thank Extrafussy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorpeness
0.6 km away
2.9 km away
Wentworth Hotel
Wentworth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to The Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK