We booked this hotel on a friends recommendation. We needed to be there for an international orienteering event. Our first impressions after a hellish journey, was how very beautiful it was. Yes v old fashioned, but that suited the environs. The staff are so lovely, and very helpful. My mother inlaw had such a beautiful view over the loch, I was initially disappointed that we did not have the same view, but the room was lovely, with bunk beds for the kids, and lots of space. The restaurant for breakfast was really very good, gorgeous presentation of our porridge, which really set us up for running around a mountain all day. The dinner was of a v good quality, but pricey. We ate in the bar the last night, and service by Jose, excellent, but was of a lesser quality than the restaurant. The pool/ gym were very welcome, and although not the most modern of facilities, it was very good. We had a fire alarm evacuation on one of the nights, and when we woke up the next morning there was a letter under our door apologising for the inconvienence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch