3,083 results
All reviews conwy castle cupcakes penthouse suite sauna and steam room relaxation room leisure facilities overlooking the estuary wedding party relaxing break modern hotel north wales lovely location the ground floor fantastic views evening meal birthday treat large bathroom
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We two friends wanted to get away for some pampering and dash of luxury. We chose North Wales for convenience of travel and because of the deal offered. Actually the hotel is fairly smart looking inside with a art deco edge to it that doesn't quite get there. I was dismayed to constantly see bags of laundry or food trays in the corridor on the way to our room which seemed to sit there just that bit too long. I would not recommend dineer and certainly not the Welsh Rarebit which frankly was inedible. Having left it the restaurant manager attended our table asked what was wrong, once inform said little else and that was the last we saw of him. Not even a courtesy coffee came our way. I informed the hotel reception of our dismay of dinner and that we would not be using the restaurant the next evening even though it was a part of package we had paid for. A sum of £15 was removed from the bill which had been our lunch as a token of 'good will' When due to pay bill they had included the price of dinner on 2nd night even though we ate elsewhere. To be fair they did remove this cost but definately a sense that their 'fayre' is fab, when in actually fact it is very drab. Overall staff were polite and attentive. The spa facilities were very good and we both enjoyed our treatments but do not think we will venture back to The Quay any time soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
John R, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to hear that you found staff to be polite and attentive and that you enjoyed your Spa Treatments and facilities.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointments you encountered with dinner during your stay. Having looked into your issues with my team I note that my Food and Beverage Manager visited you in your room in order to discuss your concerns and attempt to rectify the situation and restore your faith in the restaurant at the time.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback with you personally over the telephone and would be grateful if you could contact me personally to discuss your concerns more fully. I look forward to receiving your telephone call. My direct line 01492 564163 or Reception 01492 564100.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

On the whole we had a lovely time at the Quay hotel and Spa. We had booked a suite as it was a special occasion, room number 263, which overlooked the estuary. (great view!) Every member of staff we spoke to was lovely. The gym is very small but fine, pool area very nice. First morning we ate breakfast in the restaurant which was perfectly adequate, and we decide to eat at the hotel on our second night, glad we did as it was a really lovely meal. Conwy itself is lovely .... TIP! If your ok walking ... walk in, if there is anything taking place in the town (food festival when we were there) parking is a huge issue ... otherwise you should be fine.

The not so good!
As I fairly well travelled person staying in many 4/5 star hotels you do tend to notice when something isn't quite right. Firstly, in the bedroom, the plug socket is nowhere near a mirror, so if like me you need to see what your doing whilst styling your hair this is a problem, luckily, as we had a suite, the lounge had a mirror over a desk complete with plug socket ... just felt it was odd not to have it in the bedroom? Also, the lounge comes with a TV in a very old fashioned and very large brown cabinet ... I felt this took up an awful lot of space and as you had to open doors (which didn't fold back) the TV was only visable if you were right in front of it. I think the room could be made better by having the tv wall mounted instead. Finally ... ROOM SERVICE !!!
NOT recommended at all !!! On our last morning we decided to take breakfast in the room, we completed our forms the night before and they were completed as guest 1 and guest 2. However, once delivered it may as well have been breakfast for one, having ordered toast for 2 it came piled on one plate with no other plate to butter or eat off, the Danish's were sent on one plate (should have been a plate each so one ate and passed it on lol ) and my egg was put on my hubby's breakfast ... no sugars sent with coffee etc etc basically we paid an extra £4 service charge and we would have been better off going to the restaurant!! This is just simply lack of thought from the person putting the room service orders together.

Overall, we loved our stay and can recommend this hotel!

Room tip: ask for an estuary view
2  Thank JANE B
John R, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely time with us for your husband’s birthday and were impressed with the great view from your luxury suite overlooking Conwy Estuary and Castle and that you had a lovely meal in our Grill Room Restaurant.

I can only apologise for the disappointments you encountered with Your room service breakfast, this is certainly not the standard of service we endeavour to provide and your comments have been brought up with the team who arrange the breakfast room service trays.

I am glad that overall you loved your stay. All your feedback has been noted and taken on board and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Stayed here for 2 nights for an anniversary treat for my boyfriend and I after a few hard months. Arrived to check in and were told we had been upgraded to a suite; and what a suite it was! Huge room with a balcony looking over the harbour with a bottle of prosecco in the room for our arrival, with cupcakes and a happy anniversary card.

Dinner in the restaurant is fabulous. Staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much for them. Location of the restaurant is also worth a mention as it has beautiful views over the harbour. Sat in the bar on our second night and managed to watch the sun go down, glass of wine in hand, perfection.

I could go on all day about how fantastic the trip is, but I will let you experience it for yourself. We pondered around a lot of hotels looking for this trip and we are so glad we chose the Quay. The staff really made this trip good for us (even the maintenance staff who were fixing the floor outside our room rushed over each time we bobbed back to the room to make sure they weren't in our way). Special mention goes to Shaun on the front desk who was lovely.

Only thing I could say is similar to other reviews in that the bedroom was very very warm. Even with the window open. But as it gets colder I think people may be grateful for this.

Room tip: If you can get a room with a view it is definitely worth it!!
1  Thank Kv1212

Dear Guest,

It is delightful to hear such fantastic comments on all aspects of your stay and I am pleased that you had such a wonderful anniversary treat away with us.

I have passed on all your great comments to my team and in particular Shaun and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

It ticked all the boxes, starting with the bathroom that was big enough for a bedroom in a budget hotel.
Bed large and comfortable.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, still and sparkling water, ironing board and the list goes on. If you can't find a parking space outside the hotel, there is an over spill car park on the way in.
Evening meal and breakfast all of good quality.
The kind of place you go to spoil yourself.

1  Thank John R

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you found the hotel to tick all the boxes and be somewhere to spoil yourself.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

John Rafferty.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Decided on a half term treat with my 11 year old, plus my lovely mate and her 11 year old too. Just perfect, rooms lovely with a ground floor view of the Zen Garden with the sound of running water, patio doors which you can open and put on a chain so you can have the doors open at night. Kids loved the pool, as us grown ups did too. A bit lacking in loungers (only four) BUT we got two! A lovely evening meal in the Grill Room with a very 'happy and engaging' Front of House - girls loved him! Told them to turn their ipods off - I agree!!! Kept up the lovely atmosphere all night. Fell into the comfy beds and woke up to a sunshine and tucked into breakfast. Some staff a little less experienced than others, but they were all helpful and friendly. On the advice on a very helpful member of staff we walked along the cycle path to Conwy, only took about 30 mins and spent the day there. What a fantastic location. We are going to come back but not telling anyone - best kept secret!!

1  Thank Munsters

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

It is wonderful to hear such great comments on all aspects of your stay and I am pleased that both adults and children had such a great stay.

I have passed on all your comments to my team and look forward to welcoming you back to the Quay Hotel soon.

John Rafferty.