“Absolutely wonderful Afternoon Tea”
Review of The Grapes - CLOSED

The Grapes
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional pub, set in the picturesque village of Croston. Situated opposite the church, views of the River Yarrow. 2 side rooms off the main bar, one with an open fire which is lit regularly in the cold months. Main bar area with separate dinning area. Outside seating areas available with jumbrellas and lights. Large car park with easy access into the pub. Large boules pitch to rear of the pub. Our menu is a fresh homemade menu, with a choice of daily specials. Afternoon tea is available Monday - Saturday book in advance. Baby change facilities in ladies toilet. Close to croston train line Families, walkers, dogs welcome
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Afternoon Tea with my daughter and granddaughter. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. They catered for my granddaughters dislike of certain foods and offered alternatives.
Couldn't fault anything. The food, service and atmosphere were brilliant. Would definitely recommend the Grapes, Croston to everyone. But be sure to book either on line or by phone.

Rebecca G, Manager at The Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi,

I'm glad that you all enjoyed your afternoon tea so much, we do try to cater for everyone's needs like gluten free and other dietary requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review for us.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visited The Grapes for afternoon tea, lovely selection of items which were all delicious. Really good value for money as also had 2 hot drinks each for 13.50pp. Will definitely be visiting again to sample the main menu.

1  Thank K1710DUstephanieh

Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to let us and others know how much you enjoyed our afternoon tea.
We hope to see you again soon
Cheers

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

went to the grapes for a bank holiday tipple.. friendly staff with welcoming atmosphere...we had sandwiches for lunch they were to die for.ham with mustard mayonaisse was unbelievable.cant fault it nothing else to say but,give it a try......

1  Thank Gary M

HI,

Nothing better than a bank holiday tipple..
I'm glad you enjoyed your sandwiches, our ham comes from a local butcher and our bread from a near by bakery. We try to use as much local produce as possible.
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner returned here for a quiet weekday lunch without the kids.It was our 3rd visit,and even though its quite a drive away,it's so worth it. We loved it,the food is exceptional.
I had the deep fried mozzarella,my partner the deep fried brie,the salsa and dressing were absolutely gorgeous.I then had the steak (probably the nicest I've had) and my partner the bourguignon.
We will definitely be returning again to this beautiful, little, old pub. Amazing food, exceptional value, and warm and friendly service.

1  Thank tonilouirvine

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time (and the drive) to let us know how much you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I enjoyed dinner here with friends and we were all thrilled with our food. The menu was large and the service was excellent. I definitely want to return!

2  Thank Linda M

Hi,

Glad you and your friends enjoyed your meals.
Thank you very much for letting us know how pleased you were.
we hope to see you again soon