All reviews feature room train station hi express low beams stayed at the holiday inn the imperial war museum pudding garden room birthday party sat nav full english breakfast breakfast was included old coaching inn afternoon tea venue cambridge airfield
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a shock I had when I arrived to find I had booked an holiday inn express instead of a lovely country inn, my disappointment did not stop there!!! My room was ok, tired and noisy (road traffic) but at least it was clean. The biggest shock I had was they had no beer, literally of 11 pumps they just had a Becks, cider and Guineas available. The excuse for having no real ale was because the barrels needed 24hrs to settle. Sounds like bad bar management or poor credit at the whole sellers!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Thomas A, General Manager at Red Lion Whittlesford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback, I am sorry to read that you didn't have a pleasurable experience , however I assure you this is not our usual standard of practise.

We have spoken with Susan our restaurant manager regarding the comments on the beer front, please be assured that all of the points that you have noted have been taken on board and we are doing our upmost to improve in a timely manor.

All feedback is appreciated as this helps make the guest experience a more pleasurable one.
We really do hope that you will come back and visit us again in the near future.
Kind Regards
Amy Farmer
Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Had a fantastic stay at the Red Lion over the weekend. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were modern, yet full of character and clean. Great location right next to the IWM and train station so made it easy to travel to Cambridge town centre.

Would definitely stay here again and would highly reccomend!!

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'm extremely pleased to read that the staff were helpful and accommodating throughout your stay, we do strive on our customer service and are thoroughly pleased you received the serviced that you truly deserve. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Yours Sincerely, Amy Farmer Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on business and had my reservations based on the trip advisor reviews, but someone living locally said how nice it was (for food). The food is nice , I’ll give them that. The room, however, was dreadful. Room 12 can only be described as a glorified storage cupboard in the eaves. Big bed but otherwise tiny room with the inconvenience of being in the eaves. No wardrobe, just 4 coat hangers hanging on coat hooks on the wall. Kettle found in
The bedside table with 1 tea bag and no milk so had to trot down to reception at 11:15pm so I had a cuppa in the morning. Windows need replacing, I could barely get them to close. The pièce de la resistance is the shower which is over the bath. I discovered at 5:30am the next morning you can’t actually stand up in it (due, again to it being in the eaves), so I had to kneel in the bath, with no shower curtain around it!! The floor was like a swimming pool after washing my hair. All this for £100 and I didn’t even have breakfast. I got all of 1 hour’s sleep that night as it felt so claustrophobic. Do yourself a favour - either stay at he holiday inn, or a proper hotel like the Bedford Lodge!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to improve the guest experience. Please be assured your comments have been taken on board, and passed over to the relevant departments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your Sincerely, Amy Farmer Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had a roast lunch on the way back to London after visiting some friends for the weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was good value for money. The roast beef was still pink and perfectly cooked and the yorkshire was a good size. The guy behind the bar was a delight and we really enjoyed the meal.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Thomas A, General Manager at Red Lion Whittlesford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dining Experience with us. it is excellent to read that, like in many of our other reviews, our staff provided you with an exemplary service which clearly enhanced your Visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards Amy Farmer Senior Guest Service Manger.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here a few weeks ago, the pork belly was excellent. Tonight's Stroganoff was terrible. "How was your meal?" No! I think that they knew how poor it was so were embarrassed to ask!
The previous visit, they asked knowing that it was good. I have no idea about how the rice was cooked but it was hard and I found it difficult to to even separate the grains!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Thomas A, General Manager at Red Lion Whittlesford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review our property,
I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the poor quality meal you believed that was served to you, please be assured that this has been taken up with the upper management and the head Chef and his team, this is unacceptable and we will rectify the issues in a timely manor.
We have also spoken with Susan, our restaurant manager to do some more training with her staff, so spot this issues sooner.
While we understand that your dining experience was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your next visit as best as it can be. Kind Regards Amy Farmer Senior Guest Service Manager.