“Best curry I've had!”

Shefford Tandoori
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Shefford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shefford Tandoori has been one of the most popular restaurants in the whole of the Bedfordshire County. The restaurant has an excellent reputation to the people since its establishment in 1987. Since the beginning, Shefford Tandoori has been running under the same management and chef and has always been providing exquisite food to its patrons.
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here since I've lived in shefford for over 15years. I would never go to any other Indian restaurant as this is defiantly the best by far. Amazing food and very friendly staff at reasonable price. Amazing place to enjoy dinner and to socialise. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Chloe M

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Service impeccable and food delicious. It was my first visit and certainly won't be my last.

Great ambience. I'm new to Indian cuisine so I stayed with the mild curies and much to my delight, enjoyed everything

1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We've driven past this restaurant lots of times over the years but had never visited. We finally went last week and love it. Friendly atmosphere, attentive staff and great food - we will be going back and would highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My family has come down from Yorkshire to see there two favourite nephews. The food was outstanding I couldn't fault it. The service was amazing I can not fault how they run their restaurant. The starter, mains and desserts were the Best I've ever had.
I give it 10 out of 10

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

A WARM WELCOME!
We didn't have a reservation, it was Saturday night and we could see the place was already packed. As we walked in though, we received a smile from several of the staff and instantly felt welcome.

FOOD
The menu was pleasingly full of chef's specials. We heard these were the proprietor's own recipes. We chose our mains from the garlic handi section in "Shalim's Recommendations".

All the dishes were delicious, full of flavour and without the typical surplus oil. Even the poppadom relishes are worth a mention.

AMBIANCE
The staff contributed to a relaxing ambiance by their calm and warm manner. The seating was attractive and comfortable. The lighting and background music were just right. The toilets, which are often neglected in busy restaurants, were well presented. The general decor was fresh and well maintained.

SERVICE
The staff were all charming. I was impressed by how they gracefully responded to the neighbouring diners who were complaining obnoxiously about the coffee.

We were pleased to have met Shalim the proprietor, who we heard had run the restaurant for over 30 years. It's clear that he still cares about his customers and delivering excellent service.

Very well done!

We are looking forward to eating there again.

1  Thank 20OBW