All reviews shared bathroom glenferrie lodge circular quay no lift train station breakfast was excellent min walk shared facilities milsons point opera house mobility issues luna park top floor single room close proximity mini fridge location is fantastic
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I stayed in Glenferrie Hotel for a week in July 2018. The staff are very friendly and the bathrooms are very clean!

There is one person in particular I'd like to thank from the bottom of my heart - Amar. Amar works at reception and he is probably the most caring person I have met in a long time.

I fell ill the last night of my stay at Glenferrie and had to be admitted into hospital because of my appendix. I was not able to come back to clear my room so my sister arranged with Amar to please pack my belongings for me, and she will come pick it p later that day.

Amar labeled everything as to where he packed what, he took so much care in packing my belongings. Amar also wrote me a stunning card wishing me well and a happy birthday, as it was my birthday coming up soon. Nothing was too big or small for him.

I definitely recommend Glenferrie Hotel, and if you are lucky enough to deal with Amar, please give him a hi-5 from me!!

All my love to you Amar!

Keep well and thank you so much!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Tahlia,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments I have shared these with Amar who is really pleased he could make your day a little better in a difficult situation. I hope you are now well recovered and we all hope to welcome you back again at Glenferrie in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This place was such good value, we paid $86 for a twin room with shared bathroom and cooked breakfast included. I loved the location; it was a 10 minute walk to shops and cafes and eateries at Milsons Point. Great spot for access to walking along the water front and enjoying the harbour, bridge and opera house views.
I liked that the place was set away from the main drag, it was a quiet and peaceful area.
My only advise would be to anyone who is a light sleeper to maybe bring ear plugs because I heard all the 5am early starters getting up, but my daughter slept through it so not enough noise to wake just anyone. But I have also stayed at hotels and paid 3 times as much and been woken up by people. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend the place for budget value.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear KobiWobi,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. As you see we are a great budget option in a lovely location (the Prime minister. - whoever he/she is on a given day!) also has his official Sydney residence around the corner. I'm sorry about the noise but I'm glad it didn't wake up your daughter and I hope she enjoyed the playground in the back yard.

Thanks again for your review and hope that you come back again to visit us soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

was greeted with a lovely warm welcome. i had single room which was clean and bed was comfortable. shared bathrooms were always clean. breakfast was amazing with plenty to choose from . garden area was spacious with plenty of seats and kept neat and tidy. a lovely quite location with ferry station within 5 minute walking distance. i had a lovely stay at the glenferrie lodge and would return again . great hotel great staff great location

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear June C,

Thank you Kindly for your lovely review. I am sincerely pleased that you had a lovely warm welcome and a great stay. We all try really hard at Glenferrie to ensure our guests have a lovely time and it's wonderful to read a review such as yours. Thank you we hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Combination of small ensuite rooms and very small single backpacker accommodation. At first appearances, the ensuite rooms are reasonably priced, but with two extra single beds in addition to king sized double bed makes it uncomfortably small. Only one chair in room also inconvenient. Breakfast is included and very good. Location is excellent for proximity to ferry stop (200 mtrs, then 6 minutes to Circular Quay), but there are no shops within easy walking distance. Delivered meals were essential, but good selection of options. Excellent for lower budget backpacker style accommodation, but falls a little short for travellers thinking they are getting good value for cost of ensuite rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level room for views
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Duffytalor7

Thank you for your review. We appreciate both positive and constructive criticism. While I appreciate that you may find the family room small. I think you might find that to accomodate 4 people in Sydney the family ensuite rooms are good value in comparison to many options. Also as you said it does include breakfast for 4 as well. which one could easily spend $80-$100 in a cafe for this alone.

While I do understand the comment of being backpacker style. We do not aim for this style of accomodation. We have no bunk beds and we try to aim for a budget boutique experience. Each room has tea/ coffee, flat screen tv's Air Conditioning, Safe's, Fridge's quality beds and linen. all things that we feel make this a little better than simply a backpacker.

Again I appreciate your feedback though I do struggle to know how I can improve. We do aim to keep prices as reasonable as possible. noting we are in Kirribilli Sydney which isn't known to be a budget part of town and as such our rooms are often cheaper than simply parking a car in the same location.

Thank you again and I hope that if you do choose to come again that you look at Sydney alternatives and see that we do provide good value for money.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed here just the one night to visit friends in Kirribilli so the location was perfect.

Bed was very comfortable and clean. Tiny bit noisy as it was Saturday but certainly not enough to complain about. Guess the downside was the shared bathrooms but at the end of the day they really weren't too bad either considering its a busy place. Just have to rely on the person before you being "responsible" for the cleaning up after themselves.

Breakfast was pretty good too, all the basics plus some hot food (the usual). I would advise booking a lower floor if you don't want to have to negotiate stairs as there is no lift/elevator. We have another up coming event in December and have booked again but this time a room with a loo. Think they are limited.?? Good stepping off point too. There are only about 2/3 car spots so book in advance $35-40 Aus dollars a day.

Room Tip: No elevator/lift so ask for lower levels.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelag195
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

We genuinely appreciate your candid review. It seems you completely understand what Glenferrie is about. We try to be a comfortable boutique budget hotel and try to get the basics right, Bed, Breakfast and bathrooms. We don't aim to be luxury but as you've said we only have 6 ensuite rooms and they tend to book out quite quickly. Thank you again and we look forward to you coming back again in December.