“Best Chinese food in Andorra”

Bambu Oriental Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Erts
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Have eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has always been first class. Great service. They offer other types of food on Sunday and Indian buffet from time to time. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I see I wrote a review of Bambu back at the beginning of August. Well it is now the very end of November and I have been again, actually more than once, and this time they were doing an Indian buffet.

Of course the surroundings are very familiar and the jolly owner still there pulling pints while his wife rushes around the restaurant. The food was really delicious and a very interesting variety. Indian food is very difficult to get right for everybody. I could have coped with it being a little more spicy but I know many prefer not to have it too spicy. There was a sufficient variety of flavours and grades of spicy to please most people and for those who wanted it, a little bowl of phal source to "top up your tan", I think almost literally!

If there are criticisms, I feel the plates could be hotter. They are put under hot lids but hotter would be better. Also the re-filling of the empty dishes could be done a little more quickly; sometimes we had to wait while refills were sought.

We drank wine on this occasion. I definitely made the right choice of a Chilean merlot which went well with the spicy food.

Antoher excellent evening and at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

I have been going to the Bambu which is situated in the Palarine Hotel in Andorra for many years now. It is the home of what I believe to be the best Chinese food in Andorra but they do other food as well.

Their Sunday lunch offering is normally either a Chinese buffet or an English traditional roast lunch, the two usually being presented on alternate weeks. The venue is particularly used by the British fraternity of Andorra but also by the local Catalan people as well.

On this particular occasion I was there with friends and they had put on a fixed Chinese menu which we were to enjoy before then being driven off to the Cirque du Soleil presentation in the town, all part of a "package deal".

The meal as always was not bad; we dined on this occasion in the bar although there is also a nice restaurant and it is particularly good for the British since the owner is British and we have no language issues.

If you are visiting Andorra this is a good place to dine, or indeed stay as it is an hotel as well.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

The Bambu Restaurant is a great asset to the Palarine Hotel. The food is always good and the buffet nights are amazing. Good food, lots of choice, great service (drinks and dirty plate clear away with a smile), while you eat at your own pace, drink and the enjoy the atmosphere. On different days of the week they specialise with Italian, Chinese, Indian, Tex-Mex and, on a Sunday, a wonderful traditional roast with all the trimmings. The owners employ specialised chefs to make sure everything is perfect.

My wife and I have been to the Bambu many times now (we spend a lot of time in Andorra), but my review is about another aspect of their cuisine. We were staying at an apartment not too far away from the Palarine Hotel and we decided to get a Take Away. We ordered from an extensive menu (we could have had the Catalan option), but I chose Peking Style chicken, chilli spicy, but slightly sweet, with stir-fried bamboo shoots, peppers and carrots. We added another main course and chose a large bowl of King Prawn stir fried rice with egg, carrots and peas. Nest time we will choose something else wonderful from the menu (available on their website - Google Palarine, Andorra).

The food was cooked fresh, so I was "forced" to wait about 20 minutes in the atmospheric bar having a beer! I could have rung ahead, of course, but the wait was part of the enjoyment. There is always a tourist or a local ready to chat to you if you want to and the staff are fantastic (they work very hard!). Anyway the food was fresh, hot and delicious, cooked to a very high standard. A takeaway means you miss the great themed buffets, but we go back to enjoy those too whenever we can.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank OlivellaDB
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Great variety with a different theme every night, Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Roast dinner . All freshly cooked and always plentiful